Hennessey Venom GT World Record : 435.31 km/h

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
diemaster
diemaster

Hennessey Venom GT World Record : 435.31 km/h

Yesterday it was announced that the Hennessey Venom GT set a new top speed record for a two-seat sports car of 270.49 mph. The previous record holder was the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, at 267.856 mph. Hennessey has now released an official video of the historic run. Taking place on the runway at the John F. Kennedy Space Center in Florida, the Venom GT, according to the VBOX data, still accelerated at an average of 1 mph per second.

It took just 10.1 seconds to from 260 mph to 270 mph. The record was set over a distance of 2.4 miles, allowing for just eight-tenths of a mile to stop. Good thing it was wearing Brembo carbon-ceramic brakes.

details : http://www.venomgt.com/updates/

this is amazing =D>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWAavCjVQvM[/youtube]

turbof1

Re: Hennessey Venom GT World Record : 435.31 km/h

That's brilliant. Incredible how fast it got to 220-230mph.

I think if they were given the volkswagen test track where bugatti set their record, they could have punched out another 10mph.
#AeroFrodo

Holm86

I thought they had to run both ways and then the average speed would be the one that counts.

Sebp

Kudos 'Murica for pimping that Elise! :D
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

neilbah
neilbah

did it not have to do it in both directions? i thought it was standard in speed records at least it is for the land speed record. You can tell its geared quite long but that brute horse power overcomes this. Tyres must be pretty special.

*edit someone beat me to it

mrluke
mrluke

Its not a world record.

They are not intending to build 30 so it will not qualify and they only ran in one direction.

RZS10

Exactly that:
Holm86 wrote:I thought they had to run both ways and then the average speed would be the one that counts.
I wonder how long it can go at those speeds before it starts falling apart, or maybe it would be limited by the tyres like the Bugatti... :D
Sebp wrote:Kudos 'Murica for pimping that Elise! :D
haha ... yep ... i wonder how it even qualifies as a production car ...

neilbah
neilbah

looks like it can get to 200 in not much over 10 seconds, admittedly its not a standing start and the gear change just before the 200 mark which seems to take a while. Imagine this with Ferraris seamless shift.

gray41

Shame its just a long Elise. (a very fast one)
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Phil

As impressive as it is, not doing it the proper way by doing two speed runs in either direction unfortunately makes it take quite a hit in regard to the Bugatti, as that speed differential isn't that big, and at least with the Veyron, we know the top speed is actually the average. Assumig it wasn't completely windstill, that must account for some difference.

Not doubting that the Venom GT is probably a quicker car... I still think, with these things, either do it right (proper two way) or not at all (keep quiet until you do).
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Holm86

Phil wrote:As impressive as it is, not doing it the proper way by doing two speed runs in either direction unfortunately makes it take quite a hit in regard to the Bugatti, as that speed differential isn't that big, and at least with the Veyron, we know the top speed is actually the average. Assumig it wasn't completely windstill, that must account for some difference.

Not doubting that the Venom GT is probably a quicker car... I still think, with these things, either do it right (proper two way) or not at all (keep quiet until you do).
Faster probably yes. But is it really that difficult building a fast car?? I have much more respect for a car like the Bugatti where you cant even feel that you are doing 300km/h. And its even fast around a track. I think this Hennessey is pretty difficult to take around a track as it would just shred the tires out of every corner.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

It's a re-engined Lotus Exige.
It's not a world record if it was only done one way.
American hyperbole at its best in the press release.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

autogyro
autogyro

Just_a_fan wrote:It's a re-engined Lotus Exige.
It's not a world record if it was only done one way.
American hyperbole at its best in the press release.
Yes, I see some American marketing company is telling the world it is going to build the first super sonic airliner as well.
It certainly is 'Dream' land.

SectorOne

kitcar.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

FW17

Dany Bhar should have built this