Hennessey Venom GT World Record : 435.31 km/h

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Juzh

Re: Hennessey Venom GT World Record : 435.31 km/h

Just another striped out tuner car with an LS engine in it and no interior to talk about. There's about a million of those out there. They should take this against UG lambos or AMS gtrs, but even those have interiors, so not fair comparison.
UG lambo by altechno did 427 km/h in standing 1 mile btw, it took venom gt 2.4 miles with rolling start to get to 435. while gtr alpha omega did 0-300 in 7.98s. It takes 13.5s in venom gt.

Not impressed.

autogyro

Getting up to these speeds today is really only a tyre issue.
There are far more important areas of development.
It is only the Exige platform that allows these Americans to achieve this result anyway.
I have been continually sick of American promotional BS for over 50 years.

acosmichippo

yeah, clearly it's an "american" thing and not just a small group of assholes with an axe to grind.

Anyway, did they even acknowledge if there was a tailwind? I'm guessing not. As others have said, Bugatti's average from opposite runs was ~267, but the faster run was 269.8. Still not as fast as this Hennessy run, but clearly shows that a one-direction run cannot be taken seriously.

flynfrog

autogyro wrote:Getting up to these speeds today is really only a tyre issue.
It is only the Exige platform that allows these Americans to achieve this result anyway.
:lol: Your tears are so sweet.

For everyone else Hennessy is answering questions right now. He explained why they didn't do a two way run. They didn't want to hit a space craft at the end of the runway.

http://jalopnik.com/ask-tuner-and-venom ... 1532469104

autogyro

flynfrog wrote:
autogyro wrote:Getting up to these speeds today is really only a tyre issue.
:lol: Your tears are so sweet.

For everyone else Hennessy is answering questions right now. He explained why they didn't do a two way run. They didn't want to hit a space craft at the end of the runway.

http://jalopnik.com/ask-tuner-and-venom ... 1532469104
I see he had God on his team.
Does that account for the Michelins staying in one piece?
Lucky guy, he was right to depend on good old British car design.

Ted68

Hennessey is still short of the one way only record. The 1937 Mercedes-Benz W125:

As a final exclamation point to these great machines, on January 28, Rudolf Caracciola set a new class record in a 12-cylinder car with special enclosed streamlined body. It set a top speed of 436.9 km/h during a one-kilometer run in one direction with a flying start. This is the highest speed ever driven on an ordinary road.

http://www.grandprixhistory.org/story1. ... r%20Arrows

Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

ChrisM40

This sort of car doesnt impress me at all. OK, its fast, but is it usable in the real world? Is it reliable, durable, pleasant to drive?

Im not fan of VW or any of the cars derived from them, but the Veyron is impressive because its designed to be driven, for years, reliably and is staggeringly fast.

FW17

Still better than a Noble M600