Rimac Concept One, first electric supercar

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Andres125sx

Rimac Concept One, first electric supercar

It will be Race Director car for FE, 1088hp, vectoring system, up to 500km (312miles) range with 92kWh LiFe battery. Quad motors, front ones single speed gearbox and rear ones with two speed gearbox :o

Designed by 27 years old Mate Rimac :shock: here you have an interesting interview for FE website

Understeer or oversteer? Choose what you want, with the vectoring system you can design car behaviour to your taste. It also control the abs and traction control to take it to a new level

Ceramic brakes, 0-60 in 2.8 seconds...

Felipe 92

Re: Rimac Concept One, first electric supercar

Andres125sx wrote: Designed by 27 years old Mate Rimac
The car and the technology are great, but there are few interesting things about car designer and how he can invest so much in it. His father is Ivan Rimac who got rich during war years in Croatia by privatising national companies and committing numerous frauds with other people`s land . He stole few hundred million euros, went to jail few times and was wanted by Interpol for tax evasion in Germany. He sold one company twice, falsified partner`s signature to sold another company. Just google his name. Now everybody in Croatia is praising his son for his innovative car which was built with stolen money.

mrluke
mrluke

Felipe 92 wrote:
The car and the technology are great, but there are few interesting things about car designer and how he can invest so much in it. His father is Ivan Rimac who got rich during war years in Croatia by privatising national companies and committing numerous frauds with other people`s land . He stole few hundred million euros, went to jail few times and was wanted by Interpol for tax evasion in Germany. He sold one company twice, falsified partner`s signature to sold another company. Just google his name. Now everybody in Croatia is praising his son for his innovative car which was built with stolen money.
Not sure how that really impacts on whether a design is good or not.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Sounds like his father would have been best of mates with Bernie E with that sort of CV! :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Andres125sx

Felipe 92 wrote:
Interesting? Or disgusting?
Just_a_fan wrote:Sounds like his father would have been best of mates with Bernie E with that sort of CV! :lol:
This :mrgreen:

Anycase I´m interested about the car, not about the father of the designer, actually not even on the designer. Also I dont think sons must pay parent´s debts

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

"I demand a Rematch!" - Sez Tesla founder.. ( That is how its spoke, right?)..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Felipe 92

About the car :
His story is that the every car component is designed from the ground up and handmade in Croatia (except seatbelts,brakes and tyres), nobody can build better electric system than him and his only competition is Bugatti. Last summer I met a guy who works for Rimac and he told me all of that is just PR stunt (some newspapers also wrote about that but he said everybody`s just jealous because he`s so awesome) . Rimac claims that they developed their own battery packs and electric motors and the truth is that American company A123 systems produced everything, aluminium components (chassis, etc.) are made in Austria, carbon elements in Germany or UK, they just attach components together in Croatia.
How on earth can 21 people develop and produce "the most advanced electric car ever"?
At 2:17 you can see how "roomy" the car is:

Andres125sx wrote: Anycase I´m interested about the car, not about the father of the designer, actually not even on the designer. Also I dont think sons must pay parent´s debts
My point was that they are criminal family and it`s not so hard to build a car when you have enough money to pay somebody else to develop it for you and you just screw few bolts together (He admitted that without father`s money he would`t have done anything). I`m not taking away from them that they are skillful and knowledgeable but they are lying that they made car themselves ( it`s like me buying HDD, processor, etc. and telling everybody I`m a genius who build revolutionary PC and developed everything) . Every few weeks you can read about them crying how they are best and that the goverment doesn`t help them. There was interview with him in which he said : My company and I are like a Superman, we save the world but we can`t talk about it. " Few months ago he wanted unused national castle for a period of 50-100 years to move his company in. Can you believe that? A castle :wtf:

Andres125sx

Felipe 92 wrote:My point was that they are criminal family
Familiy? What did the son do? I´ve only read you detailing how bad his father is, but nothing about the son... Nevermind, I don´t bother, this is F1T, not Ethical Cars, I´m sure if you dig into the past of some others car manufacturer owners you´ll find some more examples about frauds, avarice men, questionable marketing campaigns...

BTW, developing and manufacturing is different, maybe they develop the parts, but then send the plans to be built on third countries.... like most manufacturers do

The car, that´s what matters.

1088hp
AWD with vectoring system thanks to the four motors
Ceramic brakes
2.8 seconds 0-60
Limited top speed of 190mph

Video showing the beautiful lines

g-force_addict
g-force_addict

Interesting find about Ivan Rimac.
You can also google about 5000hp Devel Sixteen. They are known scammers in Dubai and the 5000 hp claim is just another scam.

Jaguar and of course Porsche were said to have ties to Hitler.
Do Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, etc. also cheated their way to the top?

Will a drug cartel supercar follow?
Worse than 80s Delorean?

BTW 1000 hp from electric motors would feel more like 1500 or 2000 hp from a gas engine.