Altran eMOC, Electric Modular Car

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Greg Locock
Greg Locock

Re: Altran eMOC, Electric Modular Car

So, stop whingeing, where are you going to handle and store the spare modules for this stupid concept? They'll weigh more than 100 kg apiece, will be easily damaged, fragile, and expensive. Is your garage so large that it can accommodate all these spare parts?

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

I agree, it is such a folly/technical dud - that the only reasonable view - is that it must be a spoof - to get a laugh..
(& the hilarity of which is only exacerbated by the irony of A-125.. whining about downvotes)..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Andres125sx

Greg Locock wrote:So, stop whingeing
Yes daddy, can I continue posting a little bit more please? :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
Greg Locock wrote:where are you going to handle and store the spare modules for this stupid concept?
The spare modules are exactly that, spare modules, you´d get what you need, not all of them toghether obviously
Greg Locock wrote: will be easily damaged
How do you know that? I guess you´d need to know the material before doing such assertion. For example, front lateral panels of Renault Clios are plastic, light and not easy to damage, but lack resistance, metal is resistant and not easy to damage but heavy, while carbon or glass fibre is light, but fragile and expensive....

If you don´t know the material it would be done how can you criticize it?
Greg Locock wrote:fragile
They will do it of crystal maybe? :roll:
Greg Locock wrote:and expensive
Compared with what? If you can get a small city car, smart fortwo size, wich could be modded to carry 6 persons if needed, you actually would have two cars in one, so no, compared with two cars that´d be really affordable
Greg Locock wrote:Is your garage so large that it can accommodate all these spare parts?
Yes, as any garage. At least if you don´t want all the modules but one or two as much. On a regular garage there´re room for two cars like this one, so there´s room for the car and the biggest module, or two small ones.

Do you own all the existing accesories for your mobile? Or only those you need for your particular needs?

I know you hate the concept, but please, stop whingeing :twisted: , it´s just a concept I found interesting to share, you don´t need to complain even about how fragile will be something you don´t know how would be built
Last edited by Andres125sx on 20 May 2015, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

Andres125sx

I´m not sure if someone else said somthing.....

Nevermind, it must be the wind

Greg Locock
Greg Locock

Well, Mr 'engineer', why don't you estimate the weight of the heaviest of those modules? then tell me how many people it's going to take to carefully lift it off the back and replace it with another.

Do you actually engage your brain before posting or do a few pretty pictures dazzle you so much that your critical faculties shut down?

Andres125sx

Greg Locock wrote:Well, Mr 'engineer', why don't you estimate the weight of the heaviest of those modules? then tell me how many people it's going to take to carefully lift it off the back and replace it with another.
Just in case you don´t know it, I present you a cool invent for those critical situations.... the wheel!
Greg Locock wrote:Do you actually engage your brain before posting or do a few pretty pictures dazzle you so much that your critical faculties shut down?
Indeed :roll:

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

Greg Locock wrote:Well, Mr 'engineer', why don't you estimate the weight of the heaviest of those modules? then tell me how many people it's going to take to carefully lift it off the back and replace it with another.

Do you actually engage your brain before posting or do a few pretty pictures dazzle you so much that your critical faculties shut down?
I still dont think this car will happen in the way its presented, but i wouldnt call the weight and storage an issue. Id say the price, technical feasibility, safety and complexities are much bigger.

Take a hardtop 4 door jeep for example...those are wildly popular and they require a lot of storage space and require lifting. Same goes for trailers and such. Those are all quite common things (at least in the states).