Liquid piston engine

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Steven
Owner

Liquid piston engine

A new engine prototype has been displayed to the world recently, named the liquid piston engine. It's under development by father and son Shkolnick, and is basically a modified rotary engine.
Although there's no numbers yet, they do have a working prototype installed on kart.
http://liquidpiston.com/
The engine achieved highest power per unit of weight

This is the major advantage of this engine because physics defines how well an engine's going to work,. And, according to our calculations — it has been published and checked and rechecked a number of times — if the thermodynamic cycle holds true, then the engine will be the most efficient engine.

It's a fundamentally different thermodynamic cycle, architecture and operation; a compression-ignition HEHC (high-efficiency hybrid cycle. An improved thermodynamic cycle that helps enable max fuel efficiency. The engine's two basic moving parts, the shaft and the rotor, allow it to come in a compact size and operate with little vibration or noise, the company says.
Looks promising. I'm hoping to see this one day at Le Mans ;)

Facts Only

Re: Liquid piston engine

Its looks interesting but I get the feeling that I have seen it all before countless times. Some new super-amazing efficient powerful engine that comes to nothing.

I'm also not sure how this overcomes the usual problems associated with rotary engines that have stopped them from becoming mainstream?

Lastly I think we are watching the last generation of fossil fuelled road cars now, certainly I don't think there is enough life left in Petrol/Diesel cars for the OEMs to start again with a new type of engine now.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

ds.raikkonen

Re: Liquid piston engine

Interesting, perhaps revive rotary engine glory days eh. Also, has anyone tried HCCI at Le Mans?
I personally want to see any team try the range extender type PU, or has it been tried already?
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC