Overheating effect on brake system

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Scuderia_Russ

Re: Overheating effect on brake system

I'll try and find the temp ranges. The most common starts around five hundred. As already said we paint the edge of the disc with about twenty m.m. of each colour in a traffic light system, green, orange then red. (more of a pink actually.) The paint is fairly quick drying and turns white and stays that way once the temperature is reached. (Between races it is easily wire brushed off and re-applied). I always paint the discs as part of my race prep. We don't always need the information it gives us but it does come in handy when for example a brakes operating temperatures are not reaching or are over the operating temperature ranges and can help with identifying sticking calipers etc. etc.Image
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Belatti

Russ, could you please post a link to the seller of that product?
Thanks in advance!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Scuderia_Russ

It's not cheap mate but I know that Trident Racing Supplies sell it on Silverstone. http://www.tridentracing.co.uk/ I can't see it on their site but if you contact them they sell it in store.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-