What is Ferrari?

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Re: What is Ferrari?

They're not ignoring Co2 emissions nor have they ever said that hybrids will only be to improve performance. On the contrary, hybrids will be to reduce emissions and increase fuel efficiency.
As is the case with the Scuderia’s Formula 1 single-seaters, the engineers focused their efforts on achieving maximum efficiency right across the board with this car. The result is that the Ferrari 458 Italia produces only 307 g/km of CO2 and has a fuel consumption of just 13.3 l/100 km (combined cycle), a benchmark for the entire segment.
http://www.ferrari.com/Italian/News/Doc ... ia_gbr.pdf
Ferrari plans to lower its models' fuel consumption by 40% by the year 2012 in order to meet the growing international pressure to reduce CO2 emissions. Amedeo Felisa, Ferrari General Manager said want to reduce the CO2 emissions from 400 g/km to 280 g/km - 300 g/km by the same year.
http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Ferrari- ... sions.html
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

307g/km??? :lol:

McLaren out do that by 120g/km!
LdM has expressly stated that it will never be used for purely eco reasons.
Only to boost performance. Im only going by what he has said....

And of course emission have to be reduced or Ferrari would not be allowed to sell their "dreams".
Once the Manunfaturers fleet CO2 tax has been phased in, Ferrari will be penalised for every car they sell.
Brussells insist......

So while Mercedes can sell 100,000 A-class vehicles to get the average down, what will Ferrari do?
Porsche are taking this seriously....Ferrari are still fumbling around with more PR gumf than anything of substance.
I dont want to see them become a middle eastern subsidiary, but more prudence is required at Ferrari if they are to remain viable in the future.

Simply comes down to evolution...will they change?
More could have been done.
David Purley

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

McLaren also started from scratch on their new car, where as Ferrari have not. So their figures are realistic and respectable for where they have started from; the previous 4.3L V8.

They have changed before, so they can do it again imo.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Another interesting fact I sourced from JD power surveys was Ferrari's customer retention. Only 35% 8-[
Ferrari are at the a level where they are reliant almost 2/3 on new money.

This is very unhealthy, but is also porbably skewed by the price range. Mercedes £100K plus models offer 73% customer retention by comparison.
Ferrari will have to keep bringing 65% new customers to the brand to be able to match what it achieved the year previously.

A telling tale is Ferrari's absence on the JD Powers initial quality study.
Why? I cannot answer that.....

Suffice to say when a hack test a Ferrari, they love it. But would they love it as much if they owned it?
David Purley

Principessa

Ferrari indeed gets a lot of money from merchandising sold in and out their Ferrari-shops. But, if you have been to Maranello, you'll see how many people a day visit the 'Galleria Ferrari' with €16 per person entering....do the math. And don't forget that the revenues for Ferrari will only go up once "Ferrari-land" has opened. :wink:

xpensive
xpensive

It will be very interesting to follow how Ferrari developes commercial-wise if the f1 team slides back to become an also-ran?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Richard
Richard

Could Ferrari average CO2 emissions across the FIAT group?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

richard_leeds wrote:Could Ferrari average CO2 emissions across the FIAT group?
I referenced this and what I could find was that because it operates as an autonomous entity, under its own steam, it will have to encompass only Ferrari cars.
Last year it would also have been Maserati, but this has now been "handed" back.
I think Ferrari can get away with it at the stroke of pen if they were to reword their relationship with FIAT.
David Purley

ISLAMATRON

Ferrari's are cars that I beat with my 89 RX-7 that costs hundreds of thousands less.

Funny thing this weekend, most of the people wearing the overpriced ferrari crap(all the team stuff was way overpriced) weren't even watching the race.

Nothing special about Ferrari's other than he enzo was there at the right place & time. Many other auto makers have made better, faster, more beautiful cars.

McLaren made 1 car and it was better than anything Ferrari had ever made or made since.

WhiteBlue

ISLAMATRON wrote:McLaren made 1 car and it was better than anything Ferrari had ever made or made since.
with a BMW engine btw :lol:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Pierce89

ISLAMATRON wrote:
McLaren made 1 car and it was better than anything Ferrari had ever made or made since.
A Ferrari FXX looks betters than the F1 and will beat it down every straight and through every corner.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

JohnsonsEvilTwin

And a Bugatti would annihilate both, but that doesnt make it a better car now does it?
If you want a sexy supercar thats exclusive, and if it must be Italian there is really only 1 choice.

And here's what this banshee sounds like:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIiBn4BTMKU[/youtube]

The problem for Ferrari is they are no longer the default choice.... :wink:
David Purley

Belatti
Belatti

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: If you want a sexy supercar thats exclusive, and if it must be Italian there is really only 1 choice.
Italian manufacture, Argentinian brain :wink:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Belatti wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: If you want a sexy supercar thats exclusive, and if it must be Italian there is really only 1 choice.
Italian manufacture, Argentinian brain :wink:
Of course Belatti :lol:

Nothing has come out of Maranello the last 15-20 years that holds a candle to this thing. The noise it made at the Topgear show I went to last year was like the thunder of god mixed with the high pitched wails of burning angels.
Words fail me..... =P~
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

But why bother with anything Italian-built when you can have this? :lol:

http://www.koenigsegg.com/
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"