What is Ferrari?

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Belatti
Belatti

Re: What is Ferrari?

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: Nothing has come out of Maranello the last 15-20 years that holds a candle to this thing. The noise it made at the Topgear show I went to last year was like the thunder of god mixed with the high pitched wails of burning angels.
Words fail me..... =P~
Mercedes V12 right?
xpensive wrote:But why bother with anything Italian-built when you can have this? :lol:

http://www.koenigsegg.com/
Nahhh, you just cant be serious.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

TheRMVR

xpensive wrote:But why bother with anything Italian-built when you can have this? :lol:

Ah good point. You mean that under-developed car which appeared on a tv show (top gear) and where the tv presenters needed the company to tell where to add a wing to create more downforce and ever since is on the option list of the car?

Haha yeah I would really feel good doing 380+ in something like that ;)

xpensive
xpensive

It's not meant to be driven in anger for crying out loud, neither is any of those supercars, where could you go 250+ anyway? :lol:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

ISLAMATRON

xpensive wrote:It's not meant to be driven in anger for crying out loud, neither is any of those supercars, where could you go 250+ anyway? :lol:
We have a place down here in south Florida called alligator alley, 75+ miles straight & flat and mostly empty(except for the alligators, dont run them over)... and that desert highway that top gear raced the Bugatti vs the McLaren

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Belatti wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: Nothing has come out of Maranello the last 15-20 years that holds a candle to this thing. The noise it made at the Topgear show I went to last year was like the thunder of god mixed with the high pitched wails of burning angels.
Words fail me..... =P~
Mercedes V12 right?

Nahhh, you just cant be serious.
7.3 litres of Germany's finest :D
More could have been done.
David Purley

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Ferrari Enzo and F40. Just pure filth. A better looking car than these 2 does not exist.

I thought that Top Gear raced the Veyron and the McLaren in Dubai or somewhere around that region?

xpensive
xpensive

ISLAMATRON wrote:
xpensive wrote:It's not meant to be driven in anger for crying out loud, neither is any of those supercars, where could you go 250+ anyway? :lol:
We have a place down here in south Florida called alligator alley, 75+ miles straight & flat and mostly empty(except for the alligators, dont run them over)... and that desert highway that top gear raced the Bugatti vs the McLaren
I'm sure. But most of these so called "Supercars" only leave the garage to cruise the waterfront in Nice or Monte Carlo, unless they spend their time in some collector's facility in Dubai or wherever on a permanent basis?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Q: What is it that makes Ferrari so special?
FA: For example, the huge passion to work for Ferrari. You can feel it in every single person working for the company. All of them love Ferrari. If you visit the headquarters in Maranello you can literally feel and inhale this passion. All of them love it to be in the factory at 8am. All of them enjoy seeing a Ferrari on the street, as we all know that we have contributed to this very passion.

BE: And let’s be frank, there is no driver on the grid who does not have the dream of being a Ferrari driver at some point in time. And I am sure about this, as Ferrari transmits this very special vibe. But for sure, the pressure on the drivers is much bigger than anywhere else. Fernando you can agree to this. Of course you wanted to win at Renault, too, but the passion driving for Ferrari, the immense pressure to deliver the performance - isn’t this exactly what a driver wants to experience once in his career?

FA: Exactly. I love this pressure. I love the feeling to absolutely deliver the performance. I love it to start the race as the favourite. This is why it was particularly difficult for me in the last two seasons at Renault. To know after qualifying that you are at best eighth or ninth is not really my thing. This is why I prefer being in this situation now. The bigger the pressure is, the more people expect from me - and the more comfortable I feel.

Q: Bernie, you have sharp business acumen. Why is Ferrari so special for you?
BE: There will always be two things that will never lose their value: Formula One as a product, and Ferrari as a brand. Without wanting to step on anyone’s toes, I have to say the rest comes and goes and in the end it doesn’t matter. This is somewhat inexplicable and has a certain tragic touch to it, but in the end it is exactly like this.
F1.com: In conversation - Ecclestone & Alonso
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

domdogger
domdogger

the zonda gets my backing

i sat in one at top marques monaco this year, it was the tricolore model.

it was just perfect.

its probally fair to say them pants were not wearable again.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

domdogger wrote:the zonda gets my backing

i sat in one at top marques monaco this year, it was the tricolore model.

it was just perfect.

its probally fair to say them pants were not wearable again.
:lol: But yea +1 I agree.
What a supercar should be, the Zonda. Loud, Brash, Exclusive(no Ferrari is not exclusive), Sounds a million bucks, looks a millions bucks, FEELS a million bucks.
Nothing touches the Zonda.
David Purley

donskar
donskar

Fernando Alonso has an answer to "What is Ferrari":
our only aim is to be ahead of everyone, otherwise we wouldn't be Ferrari.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

JohnsonsEvilTwin

That explains alot of things. Not all positive.
David Purley

donskar
donskar

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:That explains alot of things. Not all positive.
I agree completely; therefore my signature.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

peteskar

Don't forget holds patents to designs and selling designs is an easy source of income, thats where most of Porsche's money comes from. Audi as well Audi has teh patent for the rotary engine mazda pays them to use the rotary.
“… the last time someone was as wrong as you, was when a politician stepped off an aeroplane in 1939 waving a piece of paper in the air saying there will be no war with Germany ”

- Jeremy Clarkson

Richard
Richard

Back to topic:

Mobile BBQ?