Pagani Huayra unveiled

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Pagani Huayra unveiled

Really lolzi?

More could have been done.
David Purley

Giblet

From what Clarkson was saying on top gear, after the requisite making fun of the name sounding like a wretch, the car has carbon fibre with titanium woven into the weave.

Is there any technical merit to that or is that them putting titanium in it so they can say "it has titanium in it"?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

lolzi

I don't know if those pictures were meant for me or just there for general viewing, but yes, I really think the Huayra is too fish-like and strange to be beautiful. It seems to me like they tried to make a "grown-up" version of the Zonda. Which, to me, is a concept that's destined to go horribly wrong.

tomislavp4

Giblet wrote:From what Clarkson was saying on top gear, after the requisite making fun of the name sounding like a wretch, the car has carbon fibre with titanium woven into the weave.

Is there any technical merit to that or is that them putting titanium in it so they can say "it has titanium in it"?
It is stiffer than ordinary cf for the same weight so it reduces weight or increases stifness depending on how it is used, or atleast that's what they say 8) . The Zonda Cinque has it too.

Tim.Wright

I dont really see how adding a less stiff material (Titanium) to carbon makes it stiffer.

I doubt there is titanium in the carbon weave. More likely titanium inserts for hardpoints bonded into the assembly.

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

tomislavp4

As I recall it, it's the honeycomb that's made from Ti, don't take my word on it though

Just_a_fan

I did read that the titanium is in the weave itself. Not sure how it's supposed to be of benefit though.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Pandamasque

Just_a_fan wrote:I did read that the titanium is in the weave itself. Not sure how it's supposed to be of benefit though.
The obvious benefit is that it can be called carbotanium which sounds like something from the Incredibles. 8)

Caito

Pandamasque wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:I did read that the titanium is in the weave itself. Not sure how it's supposed to be of benefit though.
The obvious benefit is that it can be called carbotanium which sounds like something from the Incredibles. 8)

or it could be called titbon, whichs sounds like titebond(wood glue) or also it sounds like.. oh, lets not go off topic.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

cheapracer

The Pagani Huayra story.

15 minute short with a bit of tech on the building of the Pagani Huayra...

http://www.wimp.com/paganihuayra/

mx_tifoso

Watch it in 720P and FULL SCREEN...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz4KBh5I4WE[/youtube]
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Websta

I think this car has a beautiful rear, the sides are great as well, the front is a bit strange though. The lights are too squinty, and it has no cheeks! Just a wide, curvy mouth. This car needs a more angular front end.

It also needs proper doors. Gull wing doors are retarded.

thisisatest

the ti can add some toughness (resistance to crack propagation, crushing, etc), some compressive strength, and of course it looks cool. some bike parts use the ti mesh selectively on tubes where they will be clamped.

Nando

Pandamasque wrote:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbotanium#_
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Red Schneider

Here you can listen to the man (through a translator) talk about his vision for the Huayra. Whether or not you find it attractive, I still appreciate the synthesis of artistic vision and performance. I think they messed up the headlights though. Why four small, beady ones when they could have two nicer, larger ones that vaguely resembled human as opposed to insect eyes?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGVOyizoDk0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttkzutTO ... ure=relmfu[/youtube]