Pagani Huayra unveiled

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Red Schneider
Red Schneider

Re: Pagani Huayra unveiled

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

New one by evo:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6L-j6s9OPU[/youtube]

Just amazing.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Saw a Huayra parked next to an MP4-12C at Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend. Looks interesting but not nearly as dramatic as the Zonda. It's not as pretty as the -12C either.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Wuestenmaus
Wuestenmaus

Re: The Pagani Huayra story.

Thanks for the link!

Morteza

Just_a_fan wrote:Saw a Huayra parked next to an MP4-12C at Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend. Looks interesting but not nearly as dramatic as the Zonda. It's not as pretty as the -12C either.
To me Zonda looks much faster (by the looks only :wink: ). Huayra looks bigger and fatter compared to a Zonda. All I know that is that I like Zonda much better.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

FoxHound

Pagani have the new record on the Top Gear test track, with a 1:13.8 comparing to the Aerial Atom's 1:15.1.

I suspect the P1 McLaren will nudge ahead when it arrives, but the Pagani seems to have a magical X factor about it. Even the toned down V12 Bi Turbo sound can't take away from this masterpiece.
JET set

lukeaar
lukeaar

FoxHound wrote:Pagani have the new record on the Top Gear test track, with a 1:13.8 comparing to the Aerial Atom's 1:15.1.

I suspect the P1 McLaren will nudge ahead when it arrives, but the Pagani seems to have a magical X factor about it. Even the toned down V12 Bi Turbo sound can't take away from this masterpiece.
Honestly, I don't know if it will. 1:13.8 is an absolutely insane time.

Pierce89

IMHO, the Gumpbert Apollo is cooler than any car mentioned in this threadImage
http://www.netcarshow.com/gumpert/2008- ... per_04.htm
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Nando
Nando

lukeaar wrote:
FoxHound wrote:Pagani have the new record on the Top Gear test track, with a 1:13.8 comparing to the Aerial Atom's 1:15.1.

To put in to perspective, the Ferrari FXX driven by Schumacher himself only did a 1.10 something.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Rikhart
Rikhart

Nando wrote:
lukeaar wrote:

To put in to perspective, the Ferrari FXX driven by Schumacher himself only did a 1.10 something.
That was with illegal (road-wise) slick tyres though.

Nando
Nando

Rikhart wrote:That was with illegal (road-wise) slick tyres though.
That´s my point.

What the Pagani did is hugely impressive considering it´s so close to a prototype with one of the best drivers ever and running on slicks.
Probably more downforce as well.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Nando wrote:
Rikhart wrote:That was with illegal (road-wise) slick tyres though.
That´s my point.

What the Pagani did is hugely impressive considering it´s so close to a prototype with one of the best drivers ever and running on slicks.
Probably more downforce as well.
Aha, I thought you meant that it wasnt that impressive since the fxx did it 3 seconds quicker! Yes I agree completely, its a blistering lap time, amazing car.

NoDivergence
NoDivergence

I honestly think the McLaren P1 on road tires will be as fast as the FXX on slicks.

Nando
Nando

One has to keep in mind the Enzo base is over 10 years old as well.
I´m interested to see what they will bring out, rumor is 950 horses,

Koenigsegg Agera R
Pagani Huayra
Ferrari XXXX
Porsche 918 Spyder

An interesting group of cars for sure.
Last edited by Nando on 13 Feb 2013, 05:54, edited 1 time in total.

FoxHound

NoDivergence wrote:I honestly think the McLaren P1 on road tires will be as fast as the FXX on slicks.

Having seen more and more of the P1 I think it will just about beat the Huayra. But, and this is a big but as no one has actually driven the 2 in comparison, I wonder if the P1 will have too much assistance in getting its time compared to that of the pagani?
By assistance, I mean the Stig was balls to the wall with TC turned off. Maybe the P1 is setup for all gizmos to be turned on a la MP4-12C. It's not a slight on McLaren, just how they go about their business.
Prudent I suppose when you are forking out this much for an exotic.

I suppose too that you require a very hairy chest and monstrous coconuts to extract even 70% of what the Stig managed in the Huayra.

Time will no doubt tell.
JET set