Red Bull RB8 Renault (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
MIKEY_!

Re: Red Bull RB8

Could be data on tires and such.

marcush.

sure it has value to be able to look into competitors data .
In 2009 they really had the direct comparison to the Ferrari engine ,it´s positives and negatives even if TR was rumoured to use up old used units from Ferrari.

You can see it with Mclaren and Force India as well .I like to think that the smaller outfit is gaining more of it than the mothership but every little bit counts.
An additional set of data has a value.And you are able to lure the minnow into things you would not dare to do in the works team and get even more information.

I´m sure RB has complete access to what Ascanellis guys did- officially or not -so the concept of the raised pods is somethiong they have reliable data of .

btw -is TRs KERS packaged Ferrari style or RedBull?

astracrazy

you raise points i didn't think of :)

raymondu999

Btw, what does everyone think of the RB8? Will it be as dominant as the RB7? Arguably the RB7 isn't as quick as the RB6 was (relative to the field) but in a way it balanced out in terms of RB7 having rock-solid reliability.

How much more is there to be squeezed out of the RB5/6/7 behind?

The next major shakeup would be the 2014 season; and we've seen in the past that Newey is strongest on rule changes; and usually his designs get reeled in after several "iterative" seasons as we're having now
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

wesley123

I think they again will be the team to beat in '12. Just wehn we expected the car reached its end they hit back again from Spa on, the tracks you'd least expect them.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Robbobnob

If we look at the Silverstone round, The RB7 is still quick relative to the field with no/limited blowing, meaning they are generating more downforce in other areas compared to the other teams, except maybe Ferrari.

That being said i believe RB8 to be the bench mark once again, with Fred punching hard in a reasonable Ferrari, and McLaren not far behind
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Red Bull Renault RB8

Some very ominous noises coming out of Red Bull this morning. Adrian Newey is certain that the RB8 will "amaze everyone".
Seems revolution and not evolution is the order of the day at Red Bull. Iam a bit sceptical and expect to see something similar to the RB5/6/7 with the caveat of a low nose and no blown diffuser.

http://www.yallaf1.com/2011/10/05/newey ... -everyone/
More could have been done.
David Purley

shelly

Re: Red Bull Renault RB8

Wasn't there already a rb8 thread, opened by raymondu999?
twitter: @armchair_aero

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Apologies if there is, I searched the the threads and couldnt find it.
Mods could you integrate this? Gracias
David Purley

raymondu999

It's in the car section
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

shelly

We could open a silly thread after these concomitant PR outings fromboth Newey and Tombazis.
"The amazing car vs the wow car": each user would have to put in his opinion, with a brief description and a sketch maybe of what he thinks will produce the big visual impact difference Rb8 and noname 2012 ferrari claim to have (besides the mandated new nose).
Discussion over ideas would take place in the cars' threads; this therad would be just someone posting "I think rb8 will have an evolution of u-sidepods" and another one posting "Rb8 will have no sidepods".

Then in february we will take the sum of all this uneducated guesses

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Well to keep the RB8 thread(and others) clean of this speculation, the thread could be renamed "2012 car design speculation".

Mods?
David Purley

raymondu999

To be fair; all the 2012 car threads are speculation anyways. As all car threads do
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JohnsonsEvilTwin

raymondu999 wrote:To be fair; all the 2012 car threads are speculation anyways. As all car threads do

Wouldn't it be nice to have a thread that eradicated much of the speculation?
Alot of the time threads go off tangent, due to the comparisons of various machines.
Im not fussed either way, but to comment on concrete information rather than sully a thread with NO information is what the car threads are for in my view.
David Purley

shelly

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

I agree that all the 2012 car threads are speculations; my idea ws about having a thread i which everyone could post just once his bet on a specific visual feature that will distinguish next yer rbr, or ferrri, or mclaren car.

After placing his/hers single bet i that post, the user could go on discussing his or others' ideas merit in the car thread, which is already happening or exampe in the mp4-27 thread, strating from conni hint.