Lotus E20 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Lotus E20 Renault

bhallg2k wrote:Is their front wing new? They've always had the most complex interpretation of those regulations, and I can't remember what it looked like at the end of last season.
The FW on the launch car is a little different compared to what they used in Brazil.

madly
madly

Is it camera angle or FW looks deeper, than last years?

Is it more room in central part of FW and under nose?
Barge boards in R31 started earlier at front.

warmasice
warmasice

Just noticed this image from the launch video. Looking inside the intake, you can see bits that don't fit together very well. Doesn't give me much confidence about the way the rest of the car is put together.. especially for a team that should have high aspirations. (Or maybe it's late and i should go to sleep hehe!).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Blackout

Does this look like a new monocoque ?

edit: congrats you were faster :lol: :arrow:

Afterburner

Should we expect an E20B mid season?!

Trocola
Trocola

warmasice wrote:Just noticed this image from the launch video. Looking inside the intake, you can see bits that don't fit together very well. Doesn't give me much confidence about the way the rest of the car is put together.. especially for a team that should have high aspirations. (Or maybe it's late and i should go to sleep hehe!).
I think it is like that because it is just a plastic model of the car, just for showing. It is like the Mclaren MP4-26 that was "built" on the street: just a plastic model of the car, just for the show

Testing starts in two days, and probably the real car must be, at this moment, in Jerez.

Trocola

yace

manchild wrote:This sketch explaining why Lotus has such smooth transition. As I've wrote in my previous post, it is due to difference in position of suspension vs. chassis.

i think the angle of the ferrari step is due to the pull rod suspension
ImageImageImage

therealjustin
therealjustin

The best looking stepped-nose car thus far. The longer transition area really helps.

raymondu999

yace wrote:i think the angle of the ferrari step is due to the pull rod suspension
Why though? Would the rockers force the feet higher up in the cockpit or something?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr.S
Mr.S

ringo wrote:
Mr.S wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
:?
Well I think Mercedes are going to be clearly better than Renault at this year. My feeling. The car looks meh,very so-so. There is nothing wow about it. I just dont like the car for some reason,nothing to do with the team.

And I do think of all the launches,that from the naked eye Force India car looks like a real winner. The car has been growing on me. I expect a Solid 5th from Force India this year & see them beating Lotus. Probably a very far fetched guess but apart from the FW there is nothing interesting in this car.
I'm thinking the opposite. The force india is 1 year behind in their detailed design features; hence why i think it will have problems finding downforce. This car has everything right on it. The colour and the simplicity is throwing us off.
Imagine if a redbull were black? would it be plain or wicked?

Force India to beat Mclaren & Renault. I'm calling it now. My 2 cents.

kris
kris

Mr.S wrote:Force India to beat Mclaren & Renault. I'm calling it now. My 2 cents.
FI to beat Mclaren :o

mahesh248f1
mahesh248f1

Not right to assume that the car would be faster just because it looks better, but being retrospective, I have always felt the cars which look better are the ones which performs better, or is it what the car dose that makes it look good, I am not too sure. Lotus have done a great job here , happy to see kimi back :)
Speedster , dribbler , free kick taker ,complete forward .

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

dren

Those sidepods look really tight from this picture. I expect this car to be pretty competitive. We may have 5 teams fighting it out for podiums this year.
Honda!

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Different front wing than launch.

Different nose step too!
Today

Launch

Different front suspension too

Yesterday:

Today