Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
N12ck

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

strad wrote:From Whitmarsh on the McLaren,,as reference our seating discussion...
"But we have a lower centre of gravity, more freedom in the suspension geometry, and a more comfortable seating position and a better view for the driver," added Whitmarsh.
Which is about the mclaren and not about the mercedes....
Budding F1 Engineer

yener

Fredy4 wrote:Why would MS and NR use different specs?

Its not like you can compare when its two different drivers?
Why not? They are trying different exhaust layouts and blowing the wing is an option.
It's all about comparing one with the other(s).

They obviously find something which will gain them time over a lap. Also i believe it's easy to copy and thats why they delayed the W03 and are using different cars.

They learned a lot last 2 seasons. And the best thing they learned is to keep their mound and not to speculate about the strength of their car.

From this photo it's difficult to judge wether the car is good or not. But with the new crew members and the big mistakes in 2010 and 2011 i think we have nothing to worry about.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

strad

Which is about the mclaren and not about the mercedes....
No...Earlier we talked of the Mercs seat position and I am showing that for McLaren that was a consideration. IF you look at the video posted earlier you'd see the Mercedes has got to be very uncomfortable.
People on here are always so quick to go on the attack. :roll:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

yace

ImageImageImage

Pierce89

yace wrote:Image
you don't actually mean that middle section is unmodified from last year do you? As it's definitely not. What are you saying here?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Schulteiss

yace wrote:Image
middle section has to be modified. If you meant the height of the bulkhead, that is most possibly still the same max 625mm at the edges. The nose-step side profile may indicate a sharp step, but in fact I think is a deeply carved V-nose.

MIKEY_!

The FW pillars will only contain the F-duct if they want to keep it quiet and plan to change the wing to feature it's own intake at Melbourne.

PlatinumZealot

Hmm.. where is the mercury chamber?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

MIKEY_!

It's behind that silver-grey panel. :mrgreen:

Pup
Pup

May I suggest that you guys give names to the individual pixels in those photos so that we know which ones you're interpreting to be f-ducts, mercury chambers, exhausts and so forth.

dave34m

MercAMGF1Fans wrote:Loving this quote by Adrian Newey about the new Merc..
"If it comes out and goes three seconds quicker than anybody else, yes of course," he is quoted by Reuters.
GOD I HOPE HE IS RIGHT for once! HAHAH :lol:
If it is then maybe MS might be able to finally get a podium. Mind you its only been 2 years sine his comeback so he has plenty of time aye.

MIKEY_!

Pup wrote:May I suggest that you guys give names to the individual pixels in those photos so that we know which ones you're interpreting to be f-ducts, mercury chambers, exhausts and so forth.

Ok the F-duct is behind Trevor and Sam. The grey panel is all the pixels between Bob, Kevin and Sarah. :mrgreen:

Darknight

The front suspension arms position where they fit on the tub are clearly different from last year. Also there is a lot of bulk in the area of the step, which leads me to believe that there will be a big change in the step area before this car is raced.

aral

Schulteiss wrote: I think is a deeply carved V-nose.
Have a look at the video, and at Scarbs' sketck. There is only a slight indentation. Probably no more than seen in previous years.

Schulteiss

gilgen wrote:
Schulteiss wrote: I think is a deeply carved V-nose.
Have a look at the video, and at Scarbs' sketck. There is only a slight indentation. Probably no more than seen in previous years.
Yeah, well it was a nice thought anyway. :mrgreen: