Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FrukostScones

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

Lazy people all over the place, the funny platypus photoshop is already one year old and only because it is posted on autosportsforums it doesn't make it newer.
And the reactive ride system was discussed long ago. Please read the thread (yes the whole thread) before posting!

Rumor is that Lotus reactive ride was banned because Mercedes intervened. Their system (if they have it) is alledgely legal underall aspects so they wanted to harm Lotus.
Source Speedweek no8, page 20
and no I can't give you link, maybe it is on speedweek.ch somewhere.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Djabula

@tyler I don't think they where using the electronic break force distribution in Jarez because they said that they want to accomodate with the tyres and the EBD will not give them an real potential of the car.and since that is not hard to remove from the car I think they did.I'm still wondering why they did't launched the car along side the other team between 1st an 7th february...mabey they have something to hide(I hope so)

MercAMGF1Fans

FrukostScones wrote:
Rumor is that Lotus reactive ride was banned because Mercedes intervened. Their system (if they have it) is alledgely legal underall aspects so they wanted to harm Lotus.
oooo sounds interesting

Gerhardsa

MercAMGF1Fans wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
oooo sounds interesting
That would be very interesting, but alas...Lotus still seem to have a pretty good car even without the system (speculative). imagine if they could implement that system. i have a feeling they will be very competative this year, and hopefully our Merc will be too. fingers crossed for this weeks testing

Ferraripilot

Regardless, if it wasn't MB piping inquiring regarding legality I'm sure it would have been a number of other teams who would have.

retpog55

I find it difficult to believe. Why would Mercedes have paid visits to the FIA regarding the legality of a rival system when they needed the backing of those teams to support their private running program.

Are these w03 are w02 shots? No wing mirrors etc so it is hard to tell, found on a w03 article.

MercAMGF1Fans

It's the W02.. no AMG Logo

dren

1st has a wing mirror, second doesn't have the molded in cooling intakes aft of the engine intake.
Honda!

yace

you can see a part of the high nose, the sidepots are in higher postion than the w03 ones, and on the W03, the P of petronas starts on sidepods, not ont the deflector so it is the W02
the AMG logo is missing
Last edited by Richard on 20 Feb 2012, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from post above
ImageImageImage

retpog55

haha, ah well, at least we're nudging ever closer to the 200 mark.

NonNewtonic

[img]http://image_www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=395724110444686&set=a.386991664651264.113314.386147001402397&type=1&theater[/img]

A better image of the w03

wjpbill

narrow at the backend isn't it !

wjpbill

only 9 pages to go by tomorrow morning.

Schulteiss

wjpbill wrote:only 9 pages to go by tomorrow morning.
That's around 150 posts. I hardly think we'll make it, not that much to talk about. :D If that picture is not misleading, those sidepods will be pretty slim.