CaterhamF1 CT-01 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: CaterhamF1 CT-01 Renault

ESPI do you have a source for them using the 2011 pieces? I'm not doubting it - it's just I've never heard anything to that effect. I do, however, remember them saying that the 2011 machine was using the 2009 RBR gearbox.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_

sesku wrote:I think they used 2012 KERS from Redbull.
I remember reading somewhere the same thing.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

beelsebob

Just for reference, yesterday's 1:22.6 if done in qualifying last year, would have been good enough for 8th on the grid. Unless everyone's made a significant time gain, I'd say Caterham should be moving out of the bottom-3 territory for sure this year.

AnthonyG

To what extent are the revised tyres responsible for this performance?
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Tozza Mazza

beelsebob wrote:Just for reference, yesterday's 1:22.6 if done in qualifying last year, would have been good enough for 8th on the grid. Unless everyone's made a significant time gain, I'd say Caterham should be moving out of the bottom-3 territory for sure this year.
remember that the test track has a lot of rubber down, and temperatures and other things are different...

beelsebob

Tozza Mazza wrote:
beelsebob wrote:Just for reference, yesterday's 1:22.6 if done in qualifying last year, would have been good enough for 8th on the grid. Unless everyone's made a significant time gain, I'd say Caterham should be moving out of the bottom-3 territory for sure this year.
remember that the test track has a lot of rubber down, and temperatures and other things are different...
Very true, still, a nice indication – even if they're a second down on this time, and the other teams have improved a second over last year's car (seems optimistic), it'd still be enough to get into the midfield pack, so still looks pretty good.

PlatinumZealot

The tyres are about 1 second faster this year they say. So that should explain things a bit.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Crucial_Xtreme

Sparks & vortex coming off the RW

boyracer94

Looks like the barge board is working hard.

Owen.C93

boyracer94 wrote:Looks like the barge board is working hard.
I'd of thought that vortex would be hugging the floor rather than leaving the car straight away.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

boyracer94

Owen.C93 wrote:
boyracer94 wrote:Looks like the barge board is working hard.
I'd of thought that vortex would be hugging the floor rather than leaving the car straight away.
Yes, maybe some more fine tuning is required? I wouldn't have thought the vortex itself can be too effective so far outboard?
Somebody please correct me if I'm missing something here :?

PlatinumZealot

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Sparks & vortex coming off the RW

Those vortices look photoshopped on for some reason.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

aral

n smikle wrote:
Those vortices look photoshopped on for some reason.
Agreed. The offside rear 'vortex' is well away from the wing, and the nearside 'vortex' sppears to be from forward of the wing. And that one in front of the rear wheel? Impossible to be a 'vortex'!

Owen.C93

There's plenty of other photos of the cars having similar vortices of the rear wing on that site, so just bear that in mind before the tin foil hats are put on.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Gridlock

:roll: #-o

Yeah, photoshop, that's what it is...