HRT F112 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Will HRT be in Q2 in 2012?

Yes - at the start of the Season
5%
Yes - by Germany
7%
No - not in 2012
54%
Never!
34%

Total votes: 307

wesley123

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth (pre-launch speculation)

hrt wrote:Just saying what?????
I think it is quite clear.

HRT claims that they are ultimately looking for young talent, as stated in the quoted part from the article that you have posted. I will use the quote once again;
The incorporation of Clos is another step in the team’s aspirations of establishing itself as a platform for young talents to reach the pinnacle of world motorsport
However, both De La Rosa as well as Karthikeyan are at retirement age, in this sport I wouldnt name 40 or 35 young
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Trocola

wesley123 wrote:
hrt wrote:Just saying what?????
I think it is quite clear.

HRT claims that they are ultimately looking for young talent, as stated in the quoted part from the article that you have posted. I will use the quote once again;
The incorporation of Clos is another step in the team’s aspirations of establishing itself as a platform for young talents to reach the pinnacle of world motorsport
However, both De La Rosa as well as Karthikeyan are at retirement age, in this sport I wouldnt name 40 or 35 young
As HRT says:
"another step in the team's aspirations of establishing itself (...)"

and I do not see anything wrong with that aspiration and have, as drivers, two "oldies".

They want to be a team for young talents. They are not saying that they are a team for young talents. In fact, they need to be an F1 team in the first place. Once you are a team, you can start doing more things.

Anyone knows if Dani would bring any money? ESPImperium, you seem to have good information about those things, any idea?

Trocola

wesley123

I don't think you need to ask ESP for that...

Apart from that, please stop coming with excuses for everything. If they want to be something, then they have to work towards it, not do the complete opposite.

And they are already an f1 team in the first place, based on what you and hrt state they seem to be aiming for the WCC and WDC next year.

It is bogus what you say. So what you are saying is; 'Oh guys I know we want to be a team that brings in young talent, so therefore I have signed two drivers both around the age of 40.' Does that even make remotely sense?

marcush.

excuse me.if you want to nature talent you first have to know what your doin...no? Learning your ropes is not what F1 is made for .especially when you are a backmarker and short on cash ,in fact short on all recources...
just think about the waste of money campaigning the old car ..for a test...they will be dead last whatever they do .their single chance is Marussia doing an even worse job.A small new team need continuity not change for the sake of it.

Trocola

wesley123 wrote:I don't think you need to ask ESP for that...
I was asking ESP for the names of the sponsors. Obviusly, Dani would bring money.
wesley123 wrote:Apart from that, please stop coming with excuses for everything. If they want to be something, then they have to work towards it, not do the complete opposite.
So, your great idea for HRT is hiring two 18 years old racers and see what happens, no? My idea is, first, build the whole F1 team and, second, climb up on the grid (if that is the correct expresion). Doing the first thing implies lots of money (Karthikeyan) and veteran drivers (de la Rosa), so you can know where are you going. For the second, you need faster drivers, and there is where the young driver should be.
wesley123 wrote:And they are already an f1 team in the first place, based on what you and hrt state they seem to be aiming for the WCC and WDC next year.
Where did I say that they are aiming for something like that? Well, every team, at the begining, aims for both WCC and WDC, but the only thing I have said about HRT is that I hope to see them on the second Barcelona test. Force India was Spyker, and before that was Midland, and before Jordan. It was a long way before they started to shine.
wesley123 wrote:It is bogus what you say. So what you are saying is; 'Oh guys I know we want to be a team that brings in young talent, so therefore I have signed two drivers both around the age of 40.' Does that even make remotely sense?
Or they said: "we want a team that brings in young talent, so we hired Dani Clos, he will be in every FP" and, seeing that HRT allways change their driver line-up mid-seasons, it can be possible to see Dani on the wheel for some races.
If this would ever happens, I am sure you will say: "those HRT are crazy. They sacked a veteran driver and put a newbie. They are doom and do not deserve to be in this universe"

Trocola

wesley123

Trocola wrote:So, your great idea for HRT is hiring two 18 years old racers and see what happens, no? My idea is, first, build the whole F1 team and, second, climb up on the grid (if that is the correct expresion). Doing the first thing implies lots of money (Karthikeyan) and veteran drivers (de la Rosa), so you can know where are you going. For the second, you need faster drivers, and there is where the young driver should be.
True, But in my eyes it was much better to use a younger driver, who is known to be competitive. Klien was available, Liuzzi is available, why not one of these two? Instead of that they pick De La rosa and Karthikeyan.
Or they said: "we want a team that brings in young talent, so we hired Dani Clos, he will be in every FP" and, seeing that HRT allways change their driver line-up mid-seasons, it can be possible to see Dani on the wheel for some races.
If this would ever happens, I am sure you will say: "those HRT are crazy. They sacked a veteran driver and put a newbie. They are doom and do not deserve to be in this universe"
Nah I wont say that because Clos is a better choice on every front.

beelsebob

wesley123 wrote:
Trocola wrote:So, your great idea for HRT is hiring two 18 years old racers and see what happens, no? My idea is, first, build the whole F1 team and, second, climb up on the grid (if that is the correct expresion). Doing the first thing implies lots of money (Karthikeyan) and veteran drivers (de la Rosa), so you can know where are you going. For the second, you need faster drivers, and there is where the young driver should be.
True, But in my eyes it was much better to use a younger driver, who is known to be competitive. Klien was available, Liuzzi is available, why not one of these two? Instead of that they pick De La rosa and Karthikeyan.
Better to have two older, known-stable and reasonable drivers than two young, known---- drivers.

dice782

...Anyway back to the subject. Its good because now Narain and PDLR will have to drive at their best to keep their seats, it would be embarrassing for them if Dani starts out-driving them during practice sessions. Many people have been questioning the abilities of the older drivers, now we might get a good comparison.

Trocola

wesley123 wrote: Klien was available,
Klien really is a great driver. He was a great choice back in 2010 and i do not know why they only gave him one or two races. If I remember correct, he had Superfund sponsorship. I would put him instead of Karthikeyan. With De la Rosa, they could do a great job in the team.

In fact, I don't know why he doesn't have a seat right now on a team.

dice782, that can be good for the team. If they have some sort of presion, probably will be good for the team... at least if they do not begin to break the car looking for improvements

Trocola

hrt
hrt

Am i the unic person in this forum who see the biggest stupidities that i never even seen ??

1. Do not listen to someone that everything that Hrt does is wrong for him. Is quite clear what he wants.

2. This guy is saying that a young driver is more competitive that and older one!!! incredible.

3. Yes, i think that Clos bring some money with him not to much but probably 1 million or something like that.

ESPImperium

There seems to be a bit of infighting in this thread. Alot of butt hurt.

Clos has been made 3rd driver/Text Driver/Development guy, call it what you will, the team have taken a good driver on from GP2. Will he bring money, probably as he has a good few personal sponsors, Oakley sun glasses and about 3 or 4 other smaller local Spanish companies will have got him the seat. The price, i still say that for €4m he will get arround 10 FP1 sessions doing arround an average of 100Km in each one with a full days testing in Mugello and in the end of season young guys test.

If you take the distance that Hulkenberg and Di Resta had with the Force India in 2010 and 2011, it was 1,913km for Hulkenberg and 2,000 for Di Resta. Clos could potentially have a simmilar distance this year, if not more as Hulk and Di Resta did roughly 14 FP1s in each year.

Teams will sell this potential out for a decent figure now, and €4m i think would be a good figure to put on that milage. And if they want to change drivers mid season, and he can come up with the budget of €10m, its worth it for a driver now to even displace a driver mid season to get into F1.

As for getting a younger team. Its a start, but personally id have rather a young driver or a pair of drivers clubbed together and came to an arrangement where they took say a set of 3 or 4 GP at a time with the other guy being displaced for FP1 so he wasnt cold when he came back into the car. If Clos and say another driver like Jan Charuz (Who impressed me at Abu and Brazil FP1 last year) and came up with the €8m that Karthekeyn is rumored to be paying for the seat, id have been more happy. With a driver like De La Rosa setting up the car and "testing" it for 5 sessions a weekend the team and car will improve, they just need a young guy to push it and get the best of Pedros set up out of the car. And also the competition against the other young guy would also be motivation.

Its a step forward, but its a baby step. Its not a full step yet. It may just be the teams way of evaluating him in a less risky environment. We dont know how the deal of Karthekeyn lasts for, and id Clos has the "Silverstone" buy in as he may have the budget for FP1 at present. If he impresses, and Spanish sponsors want him, they will have him replace Karthekeyn in a instant.

If they were to be taken seriously the team would have hired Alguersauri. However Alguersauri could have said no.

I have a feeling this Hispania team is now a year one team, they have 2 years "experience" they have the feel of a new entry this year. Most of the management arent new to F1, they know the pit falls, however they dont have the experience in certain posistions that others not too far up the grid have, or even some that are in a lower formula or other forms of motorsport. They are using outside contractors for a good ammount of the time.

The good thing is they are looking to get the team settled into a base in Madrid. I think once they get settled and start to show signs of improvement they will start to get stability and when stability is earnt then they can grow.

The only good point they have at present in Spain is that there is a small motorsport base there, as there is plenty of former Epsilon and Epic Racing staff floating arround looking for work, as well as 2 GP2 teams they can take from as well. If by the end of they year thay can operate the team to arround 200 to 220 stable staff and have had their 2013 car pass the crash tests first time and get the car with at least 2 pre season tests under its belt, they will have done a good job. I just think people have to give Hispania time to get their staffing and resource and sponsorship ability up and running properly. However in F1 you just dont have time in the post manufacturer and customer car era.

Im giving them time before i say its a good job done or not.

JGomezH

. edited
Last edited by JGomezH on 17 Feb 2012, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

Coefficient

Last time I checked this thread was supposed to be about the new HRT car and not a venue for bickering about the price of fish. We have 23 pages in this thread and no car yet only 16 Pages in the Williams thread. Come on, lets stop the crap or start a new HRT bickering thread please.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

Petroltorque

I would ask the question of how long can HRT afford the luxury of De La Rosa's experience. The bottom line is that he brings no funding and I presume is on a retainer.
The guy is a defacto test driver and when asked to fill the role of race driver at Sauber lost his seat mid season for not being quick enough.
Granted some previous experience is needed to gain a handle on setup of the new car but once the season starts HRT will require a driver who will wring the cars neck and keep it out of the armco, in that situation Neither Karthikeyan or De La Rosa fit the bill.
One would ask how much development they can do on a limited budget so out of the box speed will count for everything.

kultmagazin

ESPI - you know i like your posts but one thing i find it interesting and i have to say that i dont agree with you - i cant see how come you have so much faith in Clos who i just an average driver. I cant recall any amazing drive from him in GP2. There wwere many better drivers.