HRT F112 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Will HRT be in Q2 in 2012?

Yes - at the start of the Season
5%
Yes - by Germany
7%
No - not in 2012
54%
Never!
34%

Total votes: 307

dice782

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth (pre-launch speculation)

Trocola wrote:
dice782 wrote:
void wrote:At least they are the first team to have the car ready for Codemaster's F1 2012 game
Sorry whats this news? I don't get what you're saying can you explain?
I think void means that the F112 is just a digital image, so they can sell it to Codemaster and save them work digitalizing the car

Yes I got the idea void was being sarcastic . Just my attempt to get a conversation started .
So today is the big day for the last test! So dont know if HRT will have a an initial private shakedown .?

Trocola

beelsebob wrote: Just for reference – a model used to make advertising material, and a model used for a computer game are so different that you'd actually need to start from scratch between them. The former is likely to involve many many many millions of polys, or a nurbs surface; the latter, will be significantly lower poly. The result is that you want to lay things out much more carefully. It's often easier to start from scratch with a lower poly model than to try to reduce the poly count of a higher end one.
Yes, i know that. It is just that i can't explain myself correctly in English. What HRT showed is just a computer generated picture.

Still no news about the crash test?

@dice782 I do not know if they will make a shakedown. I would rather send the car to Barcelona and start working there. If they can build the car before march 1st, then try to make a shakedown, but maybe it would be better for them to save that amount of money from renting the track and start working next friday.

Trocola

dice782

Its a pitty probably a good idea to go straight to the tests . No I havent heard anything about the tests.

cbbcisace

If there are any HRT fans in this forum :)

Jose Gallego Segura just posted onto Facebook that the F112 is homologated and passed all crash tests.

Richard

Great news. I hope they make it on time to Melbourne.

kris

richard_leeds wrote:Great news. I hope they make it on time to Melbourne.
Hoping they can do some test of the new car at BCN2 =D>

ESPImperium

Great, hope to see it sometome next week in the third and final test.

And if i were Hispania, id try and get a TV day in the day before to shake it down then get into the propper buisness with PdlR on day 1 and 2 with Karthekeyn getting day 3 and most of 4 with Clos getting the afternoon opf day 4.

And so the race is on, Who can close the gap to Caterham first, Hispania or Marussia.

cbbcisace

Well if the tests are passed, surely HRT have been building up the chassis last week, so they will just need to add in the parts and get them across to Barcelona?

ESPI, can HRT get extra days since they only did 2 days at Jerez and none at all at 1st Barcelona test?

ESPImperium

Whitch would be ideal, Id get 3 days to PdlR and 2 to NK then one to Clos ideally if they are allowed 6 days total.

Ideally if they could start on Tuesday they would get a better handle on the car quicker.

Crucial_Xtreme

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97693

good for them! Doesn't look like they'll make it to BCN #2 though.

cbbcisace

Guess we will see.

Trocola

Fantastic news. Let's hope they can have a good test on Barcelona next week, without reliability problems.

Trocola

dice782

=D> =D> =D> HRT

Now all we need is a Picture of the new car just a simple shot for the Fans HRT.

HRT have to be at Barcelona treat it as if it were the first race of the season even if you have to assemble it in the pits! :D

siwillems

dice782 wrote:=D> =D> =D> HRT

Now all we need is a Picture of the new car just a simple shot for the Fans HRT.

HRT have to be at Barcelona treat it as if it were the first race of the season even if you have to assemble it in the pits! :D
+1
Da de dum, de da da dum.
Da de dum, de da da duh!!!

PlatinumZealot

Rumors are the new car looks similar to the Renault.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤