HRT F112 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Will HRT be in Q2 in 2012?

Yes - at the start of the Season
5%
Yes - by Germany
7%
No - not in 2012
54%
Never!
34%

Total votes: 307

Forza

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth (pre-launch speculation)

@NobleF1: HRT will not make it to Barcelona for tomorrow's test. The team is aiming for a filming day on Monday instead. Full story soon...

Cuky

Well they at least have a car. They could do some "filming" just to shake things down...

marcush.

the car will leave GREDING and that´s Kolles facility.So really the car is built by the same people as before,right?HRT NEW is gearing up to have a team structure but the real challenge will be they don´t know the car..
I´d think Kolles has no priority on getting the car ready anymore that´s really the issue.Heave dampers or other bits missing have absolutely nothing to do with late passing of crash tests .
The car was not to run before monday methinks ..it´s a bit like last year when Kolles spoke of missing parts ,and ran with old nose cones

beelsebob

Oh well, only one part of my prophesy remaining – they need to be scrambling to put the car together during ausy qualy.

cbbcisace

marcush. wrote:the car will leave GREDING and that´s Kolles facility.So really the car is built by the same people as before,right?HRT NEW is gearing up to have a team structure but the real challenge will be they don´t know the car..
I´d think Kolles has no priority on getting the car ready anymore that´s really the issue.Heave dampers or other bits missing have absolutely nothing to do with late passing of crash tests .
The car was not to run before monday methinks ..it´s a bit like last year when Kolles spoke of missing parts ,and ran with old nose cones
The team is not tied to Kolles anymore, Autosport have got the wrong factory, the car has/are beng built up in Munich.

wesley123

And by who is it built then? I was quite sure HRT had moved to somewhere in Spain?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

cbbcisace

The Headquarters in Spain are HRT.
They have subcontractors in Germany building the car. Carbo Tech I believe is one!

wesley123

If I'm correct these companies only build the parts as designed, they dont assemble anything
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

FrukostScones

cbbcisace wrote:The Headquarters in Spain are HRT.
They have subcontractors in Germany building the car. Carbo Tech I believe is one!
Carbo Tech is an Austrain company, I think I read that the parts are made in Austria and put together by Kolles company http://www.kolles-dtm.de/htm/rechtliches/impressum.htm in Germany.

edit: so HRT is a kind a virtual F1 team, F1 2.0
but also virtually non-existent, at least they have a new chef, when the new car is a dog, they still can turn it into a nice meal.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

marcush.

so if it´s munich ..i´d say it´s near augsburg or better said :Holzer ,who had done most of it anyways ...I had heard Holzer was going to build it this winter and that had been Kolles original plan (move the thing to munich)

cbbcisace

Sorry yes I meant Holzer Gruppe.

Carbo Tech made the tubs again as they did them in 2011.

cbbcisace

“@alanbaldwinf1: Talked to @narainracing who sounded in good spirits despite HRT being unable to get their car to Barcelona in time for final test.”

“@alanbaldwinf1: He's in Germany, where the car is being finished. but hoping HRT can do a filming day in Barcelona on Monday.”

“@alanbaldwinf1: The HRT is being built at Inningen, near Augsburg, and not in Greding. That's Colin Kolles territory.”

--------------------
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.

dice782

Since we the fans have been waiting so so long and the Test have been ruined I think HRT should release some pictures of the new car.

cbbcisace

According to Narain from his Reteurs interview, HRT are 24 hours behind where they thought they would be. Will be in Barca on Monday for the filming day.