HRT F112 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Will HRT be in Q2 in 2012?

Yes - at the start of the Season
5%
Yes - by Germany
7%
No - not in 2012
54%
Never!
34%

Total votes: 307

cbbcisace

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth (pre-launch speculation)

Of course and that is where now it seems to have some better management, which has bought nearly everything new: - trucks, equipment, new base in Spain.

No improvement was made because no money was made available from the Carabante's from the start.

HRT unfortunately have been like this for a while, now is the time from Melbourne to assess them.

bhall

Admittedly, I know very little about HRT. In a way, their record speaks for itself, and I try to judge teams by that metric alone, but I know that's not exactly fair at all because of the downright negligence with which this team has been handled.

What's Kolles' rolle in all of this? (I'm a fan of spoonerisms. Sue me.) On one hand, it seems he stepped in at the right moment to lend the team both credibility and stability. On the other, it seems more than a little likely, at least based on appearances alone, that he also "took them for a ride," so to speak.

cbbcisace

Kolles helped the team start in 2010, his people (engineers, race team etc) helped HRT, plus he spoke to Dallara to get the F110 to some kind of spec for Bruno and Karun to drive in that year.

In 2011 same setup of engineers and personnel but the Carabante's wanted to take more of a hands on approach, that is why we saw the "you could be here" livery. Kolles wanted to use Toyota for the TF110 and set up base in Germany near his set up in Greding, but the owners didn't want to do that because the TF110 would have cost €60m so they re engineered the F110 to become the F111, also Kolles/Willis set up the Mercedes 2nd wind tunnel agreement that HRT are still using now.

In July 2011 - Thesan Capital took over from the Carabante's because they couldn't afford to keep running the team and they owed certain banks a lot of money! Since Thesan have taken over, they 1st got Pedro on Board from July 2011 onwards but Kolles didn't agree with moving the whole team to Spain, so ties where cut with him in December 2011, that is why the F112 is late, because although the cars are being built in another part of Germany and they are nothing to do with the F110/F110.

HRT have had to but everything brand new because everything was Kolles, Trucks, Personnel (i.e Jacky Eeckleeart was contracted via Kolles) and have already spent a lot of money on equipment etc.

And by the way Kolles has help the team in the last 2 years, so no bad on him, it just seems the new owners wanted to establish a team.

Hope that tells you a little!

Hail22

THE WORLDS FIRST INVISIBLE FORMULA 1 CAR! xD
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

cbbcisace

Hail22 wrote:Image

Yes we have seen this, they are testing the tyre blankets as they are brand new!

dice782

cbbcisace wrote:
Hail22 wrote:Image

Yes we have seen this, they are testing the tyre blankets as they are brand new!
Forget Rolls Royce this F1 car is the real HRT F112 Phantom

ESPImperium

At least they are there, unlike one team.

Just had a look on their web site to have a little dig arround it to see if there was anything surprising. Appart from Liuzzi still being on the site as a driver and how many names they had on the team personell, i didnt count then, but it looks as if they are a propperly small team, they only have enough for taking to a GP weekend with the other half being back at base. Id recon there is arround 80 to 90 names there.

Other than that, nothing surprising.

PhillipM

Stealth bodywork!
It's to fool the timing devices :lol:

dice782

ESPImperium wrote:At least they are there, unlike one team.

Just had a look on their web site to have a little dig arround it to see if there was anything surprising. Appart from Liuzzi still being on the site as a driver and how many names they had on the team personell, i didnt count then, but it looks as if they are a propperly small team, they only have enough for taking to a GP weekend with the other half being back at base. Id recon there is arround 80 to 90 names there.

Other than that, nothing surprising.

Just too many pictures of PDLR. Hopefully the car will be arriving later today and HRT will give us some pictures of it.

hrt
hrt

We need to know something today if they want to do the filmday tomorrow.

cbbcisace

According to Marca the F112 has been fired up for the 1st time today and is assembled now!

dice782

=D> =D> =D> Pictures please HRT?

dice782

News that Marussia will also be doing a filming day at Silverstone tomorrow. The thing I don't understand have they passed their crash test yet? In this case HRT wont have any advantage over them.

Petroltorque

It will be very interesting to see what the HRT package looks like. Their design team is essentially unproven. Willis had left before the concept was finalised and Zander never came onboard. It takes time to acquire the skill set of F1 design and this will be their first effort.

cbbcisace

Petroltorque wrote:It will be very interesting to see what the HRT package looks like. Their design team is essentially unproven. Willis had left before the concept was finalised and Zander never came onboard. It takes time to acquire the skill set of F1 design and this will be their first effort.
Of course it's quite intresting, love the day before an unveiling...