HRT F112 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Will HRT be in Q2 in 2012?

Yes - at the start of the Season
5%
Yes - by Germany
7%
No - not in 2012
54%
Never!
34%

Total votes: 307

C_Stonehouse

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

Must say today I was underwhelmed by the team. I personally think their issues are owing to the tires more than the car it's self. Though the tire issues may be due to the car's aero. USA and Brazil will be teeter races for the team, determining whether they have spent more time on next year, giving a full view of their years progress. A 'U' shape would indicate pushing then relaxing or a change of priorities.

Petroltorque

The car has a fundamental flaw in layout/packaging that has a knockon effect on cooling and tyre wear. Aero won't cure that. To be honest I don't I don't expect a small team to run big aero programs, it cost too much. You get more performance from optimizing weight, balance, suspension geo, coanda, etc to make a difference on the circuits where mech grip is more important. By that I mean circuits like; Monte Carlo, Montreal, Singapore where high attrition might gift you a result.
I'm left asking who designed the car because they have made a mess of it. Some people might think that they're not running KERS because the chassis is overweight but the car is so marginal on cooling that the batteries would be cooked. To be fair, Kolles had the right idea, for a minimal investment on a KERS unit they were guaranteed a half second a lap gain.

Kiril Varbanov

Screenshot from a very long time ago, apologies if it has been posted.
How to change the pressure in the differential? Double click on it and submit value:

mx_tifoso

All recent team posts will be moved to the team thread. Please differentiate from technical car development and general team discussion.

Cheers!
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

aleks_ader

Seems that HRT mechanics had still a lot to do...

Ironically this pic perfectly illustrate a whole HRT situation at a moment. :cry:

EDIT: If someone just want see more work of HRT team in garage (maybe penultimately)...

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

cbbcisace

Every race weekend is the same, why would this weekend be any different for the mechanics? :o