Marussia MR01 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
beelsebob

Re: Marussia MR01 Cosworth

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Marussia has failed crash test again. Will not make it to the second Barcelona test. Embarrasing.
Sauce?

N12ck

Budding F1 Engineer

Crucial_Xtreme

The true source

TzeiTzei

TzeiTzei wrote:
hrt wrote:Does anyone knows if Marussia passed the CT, if they didnt what are they waiting for?
There haven't been any news about it so i guess they have. Bad news tend to get more publicity (like with HRT).
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Marussia has failed crash test again. Will not make it to the second Barcelona test. Embarrasing.
Crap :lol: . Well this is really bad news. Atleast Wirth got that one right.

ESPImperium

Its a set back, but as has been said in the HRT F112 thread, its not a total set back to a point.

Once they get a replacement spec layed up and tested it will be fine. However i doubt EPM Technology will take this lightly, as they have a nose box that has already passed the crash test in the VJM/05 nose box. However i think they will be unable to compair specs from one teams requirements to another.

EPM Technology are good enough to have a replacement layed up and machined in arround 4 days, 3 days to test it as the nose box will have to be subjected to all 3 tests again the nosebox can be subjected to.

It is a massive blow as they will be shaking their cars in FP1 at Australilia, a really bad environment to do do. I have a feeling that they will posibly fail to get into the race with the 107% rule now, unless the car is decently quick enough out the box.

flickster

I agree, this is an embarrassment to F1. I know people will say "do you know how hard it is to get into F1" etc but that is besides the point. Yes these people are working their butts off and doing the best they can with what they have, hats off to them for that but again that is all besides the point.

The bottom line is this is F1, the pinnacle of motorsport and if you don't have the resources and structure in-place to compete at this level then what in the world are you doing here... Like the saying goes, if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen.

Teams like this and HRT should never of been allowed into F1, their financials should of been better reviewed. Caterham is a perfect example of a new team that was ready for the challenge of F1, this is the type of outfit that the FIA should be letting into the sport because to be honest teams like HRT and Marussia are not ready for F1 and it's not because of the hard working people at these teams, it's because of the owners/management who think they can compete at this level on a shoe string budget.

Not every team can be at the front of the grid and there has to be a team at the back of the grid but that is no excuse for not even making it to a single preseason test. I do feel for Marussia, in a way they are starting again this year due to the relocation etc but they still have some structure left over from the past 2 years so it's not like they are starting from zero. I wish them all the best but the management really need to lift their game or be removed from F1.

bhall

[Self moderated]
Last edited by bhall on 28 Feb 2012, 05:52, edited 1 time in total.

donskar

Pathetic. I hope the 107% (or whatever) rule is enforced and they are invited to take their 'expertise' to one of the lower formulae. This team adds nothing to F1. Scuderia Three Stooges.
(Mods: I know no member of this team and mean no personal offense to any individual. ARRGH!)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

hrt
hrt

Flickster, dont mention a team which is new (HRT) dont be confused With Hispania, and i hope to see Marussia in Australia i want to see how better is HRT :twisted:

Polarbear

ESPImperium wrote:Its a set back, but as has been said in the HRT F112 thread, its not a total set back to a point.

Once they get a replacement spec layed up and tested it will be fine. However i doubt EPM Technology will take this lightly, as they have a nose box that has already passed the crash test in the VJM/05 nose box. However i think they will be unable to compair specs from one teams requirements to another.

EPM Technology are good enough to have a replacement layed up and machined in arround 4 days, 3 days to test it as the nose box will have to be subjected to all 3 tests again the nosebox can be subjected to.

It is a massive blow as they will be shaking their cars in FP1 at Australilia, a really bad environment to do do. I have a feeling that they will posibly fail to get into the race with the 107% rule now, unless the car is decently quick enough out the box.

ESP, where do you get your information?

Twice in two days I have had to correct you on your information.

Marussia have no Mclaren staff seconded with the team, and they have passed the nose test, both pushoff and crash.

I suggest you do not comment on situations if you do not have reliale sources.

Lorenzo_Bandini

I feel sad for Timo Glock, Virgin Marussia kill his career :/

ESPImperium

Polarbear wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Its a set back, but as has been said in the HRT F112 thread, its not a total set back to a point.

ESP, where do you get your information?

Twice in two days I have had to correct you on your information.

Marussia have no Mclaren staff seconded with the team, and they have passed the nose test, both pushoff and crash.

I suggest you do not comment on situations if you do not have reliale sources.
It also said that the deal “will also see McLaren management and production staff embedded within the team, working in roles permitted by the Concorde Agreement.”
Maybe rethink what you have said, about McLaren staff working in Marussia. http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110704/F1/110709963

I doubt that Adam Cooper would have put his name to it without the facts being correct.

To my knowlege McLaren have taken over the running of the Marussia/X-Trac tranmission.

Polarbear

I don't know how many times I have to say this.

THERE ARE NO MCLAREN STAFF WORKING AT MARUSSIA!!!

Adam Cooper and yourself are definately mistaken if you think that is the case.

We can all spend hours on end reading articles online, but exercise a bit of caution before declaring them as gospel truth.

Coefficient

Polarbear wrote:I don't know how many times I have to say this.

We can all spend hours on end reading articles online, but exercise a bit of caution before declaring them as gospel truth.

This is interesting. I'm not suggesting you are wrong but I recall very clearly that when the Mclaren/Marrussia partnership was agreed it prescribed the use of refugee Mclaren engineers at Marrussia who would otherwise have been made redundant under the RRA. I believe a similar secondment arrangement exists at Force India too.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

Polarbear

Coefficient wrote:
Polarbear wrote:I don't know how many times I have to say this.

This is interesting. I'm not suggesting you are wrong but I recall very clearly that when the Mclaren/Marrussia partnership was agreed it prescribed the use of refugee Mclaren engineers at Marrussia who would otherwise have been made redundant under the RRA. I believe a similar secondment arrangement exists at Force India too.
I think there was talk of it early on, but for whatever reason the partnership did not take the form of seconded individuals from Mclaren.

Think about it - do you really think that if they were working as closely with Mclaren as many seem to think they would have failed a crash test?