Sauber C31 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PhillipM

Re: Sauber C31 Ferrari

^Yes, and whilst trying to avoid divergence to the RB too much, the shape and ramp helps the exhaust run along the side of the sidepod to once again seal the diffuser, whilst still keeping the tight rear end.

It'll be interesting to see if Sauber do something similar, the exhaust is there, the bulk of the sidepod is the right shape, it'll only need a panel mocking up...

yace

i found this on the j. button facebook page (i don't know if it's the official one)

but i can't see the hole under the nose (i see the red arrow but not the hole), and i don't understand the reason of this
ImageImageImage

Kaivo

vacuum cleaner' effect ?
More downforce in front area

ovidiulucaci

Rikhart wrote:
Blackout wrote:Exhaust's path

I believe that widening of the plume is what RB are trying to avoid with their new tunnel. The tunnel takes the air coming from sidepods, protecting the exhaust on it´s way wherever it´s going.
The C31 has the same exhaust concept as RB8. I think these 2 cars have very much in common(the front intake, exhaust, the hole concept design is similar), but RB8 is more refined and have very nice details.

MIKEY_!

Kaivo wrote:vacuum cleaner' effect ?
More downforce in front area
They would have been better just to have a lower nose. If they are using a 'vacuum cleaner' effect it would give them better flexibility to reduce front DF if their exhausts didn't work as predicted. (although they could just back the FW off instead)

AnthonyG

Blackout wrote:+ the slotted nose vanes
http://f1zoom.co.cc/?year=2012&race=cat ... =50&view=1
I think that car looks amazing.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

MIKEY_!

Inside of the nose. From scarbs: "captured by Aero Student Sriram Chandra - Copyright"

Callum

MIKEY_! wrote:Image

Inside of the nose. From scarbs: "captured by Aero Student Sriram Chandra - Copyright"
Now, why would you have an electrical connection in front of the drivers feet when we no longer have movable front wings?

stefan_

For the cameras?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

JackHammer

Or sensors?

Callum

stefan_ wrote:For the cameras?
..Cameras...didn't think about that! #-o

aduka11

MIKEY_! wrote: Inside of the nose. From scarbs: "captured by Aero Student Sriram Chandra - Copyright"
Now why would someone copywright this?

beelsebob

aduka11 wrote:
MIKEY_! wrote: Inside of the nose. From scarbs: "captured by Aero Student Sriram Chandra - Copyright"
Now why would someone copywright this?
1) Copyright
2) You have no choice – you own copyright simply by dint of having taken the photo – copyright is not applied for, it simply belongs to the creator.

Forza

naniSauber

PullRod like/Engine Ferrari
body design/Step Nose design like RB8

with a few added unique touches side pod upper wing.......

its like

Ferrari nd RedBull kept telling Sauber during the preseason what they were doing so Sauber could have it aswell......... i love it..

The Sauber C31 is one of the best built cars this year(pre season) lets see how it performs in the actual competition :) im eager to see what the C31 can do on track..