Sauber C31 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Huntresa

Re: Sauber C31 Ferrari

I could swear i saw an exhaust pipe stick out a little bit on one sauber car, can anyone confirm what exhaust solution they ran during qual and obv race tommorow?

Huntresa

http://www.formula1.com/gallery/race/2012/866/general/

First pic 2nd row, old exhaust layout right?

FrukostScones

Did KOB ran in quali with or without monkey seat?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Huntresa

Does anyone understand why they keep doing moneky seat on 1 car all the time ? Im not understanding it at all

raymondu999

They only have 1 pet monkey.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FrukostScones

Huntresa wrote:Does anyone understand why they keep doing moneky seat on 1 car all the time ? Im not understanding it at all
I think now Kobayshi qualified 4th without the monkey seat.
The high top speed of the Sauber is interesting. Maybe it is related to the f-ducking of their whole car via the slot device. I bet they welcomed the controversy about the mercedes f-duck aka ddrs.
I m really interested how the Sauber will work under the hot Bahraini sun (the only reason I want that race to happen :oops: )....
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Tozza Mazza

We know this car has mighty race pace, thanks to Oz and Malaysia, and isn't all that great in qualifying. Kobayashi is starting 3rd.

Could we be looking at a potential win.

This car is mighty, and it has so many great little features on it. My favourite car so far this year, its so clever!

AnthonyG

FrukostScones wrote:Image
"Out of the blue"
Appropriate sponsorship. :D
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

manchild

Perhaps Newey got him self a part-time job or done a bit of freelancing? :lol:

Lycoming

They definitely got the tyres just right today. As to top speed, its probably just a setup thing. They were quite good through the speedtraps last year too.

Huntresa

They were somehow fastest thru the speedtrap but didnt lose to much thru middle sector, i mean they must be running somewhat lower downforce to get that topspeed so so its nice to see not a big lose in middle sector.

marcush.

I´m really Merc but hell if a Sauber wins this sunday i´m even more happy.

dren

marcush. wrote:I´m really Merc but hell if a Sauber wins this sunday i´m even more happy.
Im in the same boat as you.
Honda!

MIKEY_!

Huntresa wrote:They were somehow fastest thru the speedtrap but didnt lose to much thru middle sector, i mean they must be running somewhat lower downforce to get that topspeed so so its nice to see not a big lose in middle sector.
That can be explained by the car producing downforce more efficiently than other cars.

Artur Craft

Tozza Mazza wrote:We know this car has mighty race pace, thanks to Oz and Malaysia, and isn't all that great in qualifying. Kobayashi is starting 3rd.

Could we be looking at a potential win.

This car is mighty, and it has so many great little features on it. My favourite car so far this year, its so clever!
same here