Sauber C31 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
scarbs
scarbs

Re: Sauber C31 Ferrari

Actually I think that section has been broken in transit or from pitstop practice?

stefan_
stefan_

Yes, it was probably broken in the picture I posted earlier. I thought that it looked kind of funky the first time I saw it, but now it makes sense - that whole part had a strange shape.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Forza

ABD - Friday

Forza

Yas Marina testing: Day 1

Huntresa
Huntresa

Nice one from Sauber doing 2013 stuff.

wesley123
wesley123

nice small cooling hole on the floor, at the red line
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

I like the additional tube in the Passive DRS system being fed into what looks like the center of the beam wing. Blowing a slot perhaps?

Morteza

Looks better than Mercedes passive DDRS system. Very neat
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Forza

Yas Marina testing: Day 2

Edit 1&2.: adding more photos from today

Last edited by Forza on 07 Nov 2012, 19:01, edited 2 times in total.

CottrellGP
CottrellGP

I don't get how the passive DRS works, and what's with the passive DRS pipe not connecting to the rear wing why is it not connected?

I would massively appreciate it if someone could explain or PM me.

Cheers Dan
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

aral
aral

CottrellGP wrote:I don't get how the passive DRS works, and what's with the passive DRS pipe not connecting to the rear wing why is it not connected?

Cheers Dan
Difference of various theories. Some like to blow the top wing, others like to blow the beam wing. It looks as if Sauber are trying the alternatives to see which gives the best results.

Intego

CottrellGP wrote:I don't get how the passive DRS works, and what's with the passive DRS pipe not connecting to the rear wing why is it not connected?

Cheers Dan
Maybe Scarbs can help you:
Lotus: DRS Device Analysis
Mercedes: Drag Reduction Device
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

f1316
f1316

Where are the intakes for air on the Sauber system? It's not exactly the same as the Lotus "ears", but I can't tell if it's underneath the roll hoop.

It couldn't be those tiny things on the nose could it? That would require a lot more piping and seem a bit counter-intuitive.

Intego

I also think the slots in front of the driver are the intakes as they are removed when the DRD is unmounted. Probably that's the position where the least drag is emerged.
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

PlatinumZealot

Sauber testing flexi wings above.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏