Toro Rosso STR7 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
CottrellGP

Re: Toro Rosso STR7 Ferrari

Beautiful!

Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

Owen.C93

Thought I'd post this as people thought the HRT welds had a poor finish.

Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

RB7ate9

What areas have poor weld finish? Moreover, what areas are we supposed to be looking at? It looks mostly like the join between the CF body panels and the exhaust cover. Are there bad welds? or is the focus the joint between metal and CF?

Not being pedantic; I just want to know what you are pointing out.

aleks_ader

If we look this joint between metal on carbon part in my opinion, this more or less looks like some sort of glue-based resin...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

aral

It was noticable that the two cars were running with different bodywork. Vergnes car had gills on the rear cover, whilst these were absent on Ricciardos car.

Any photos?

Carbon

It was noticable that the two cars were running with different bodywork. Vergnes car had gills on the rear cover, whilst these were absent on Ricciardos car.
They also ran different rw elements, one wing dipped down in the centre, while the other curved slightly upward. I'll try to post a pic when I get home.

Forza

Korea -Race

Polishboy808

Interesting to see the two different rear wings being run during the race. Doesn't seem like one had any significant advantage over the other really....

Forza

STR7 cars (again) with two different RW profiles at Friday Practice - India

Forza

ABD Young driver testing - day 1
Exhaust exit detail

Day 2

BOK
BOK

Forza

Interesting shape of "Monkey seat" with extended thick double pillars on pictures that @BOK posted above. AMUS reports there were no tubes connected to it and that the team said it was test for 2013 season so that could be developed into DRD. So far we've only seen teams using one tube/channel to blow the underside of the rear wing.

Few more photos from ABD YDT - day 3

aleks_ader

WOW "Super gorilla seat"

ps.i cannot see any fisical connection/air suply :arrow: I assume that is just a "DRAG" test of further evaluation DRD with maybe two pillars.. Interesting thoughts... Seems pretty neat design, with their rear cooling solution (cannon)..

I think they need check how that Gorilla assembly affect on their diffuser, coke bottle and double floor arrangement... Air extraction on that area is vital for REAR DOWNFORCE.. Critical is that you cannot aford any interuption in that area... For example with that purpose Red Bull minimalise DRD pillar size (here we could see in nice Forzas galery)...

Its gona be very interesting in which direction will they go further... :idea:

ps. Sorry for EDITING (4×) problems... :|
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Nando

WTF?

lol nevermind, just realized the bodywork was not on the car haha. "high-tech reflective glass" :)
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

PlatinumZealot

James Key is working his magic!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏