Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
HungryHebbo

Re: Ferrari F2012

No comment on that the exhaust looks like it's had the top half of it chopped off?

Hail22

I don't think its the top however the side wall/profile of it to feed the brake duct winglets ;)
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Crucial_Xtreme

HungryHebbo wrote:
No comment on that the exhaust looks like it's had the top half of it chopped off?
That's normal. Here's the exhaust in Jerez

Forza Ferrari

In white, it's what I guess is the end of bodywork, whereas in green, it's what I think is the real end of the exhaust..

Correct me if I'm wrong?

n_anirudh

Image from earlier in the day?

Hail22

What is that slightly open porthole that i have highlighted?
Last edited by Richard on 23 Feb 2012, 01:35, edited 2 times in total.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Goran2812

So... the Byrne floor... Does the thing really exist or what? Was the same floor used in Jerez and for these two days?
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Holm86

The floor is first introduced at second barcelona test if rumors are correct.

Hail22

Holm86 wrote:The floor is first introduced at second barcelona test if rumors are correct.
Is this the highly hyped up Frybyrne floor with so called "holes" which from what i understand the floor cannot have holes in it :s

Gilles Villeneuve

Ferraripilot

bhallg2k wrote:If true, I'm quite content at this point with F2012's appetite for tires. The 150 and F10 treated them too much like eggs, and their qualifying pace suffered badly because of it.

Agreed. The wanted to be able to 'switch on' the tires for qualifying which it appears the car does very well now. But it may be too well as their lap times immediately take a 1.000+ tumble after that first lap.

Ferraripilot

gilgen wrote: A terribly vague rumour, and suddenly it becomes fact? Ferrari used no more tyres than any other team, so that seems to scotch the rumour.
It's based on the commentary regarding Ferrari turn it at turn 1 and how quickly the Ferrari lap times fall off after tire temp is reached.

Owen.C93

Right click view image. Some tasty flow patters.

Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

CHT
CHT

gilgen wrote:
Ferraripilot wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:This comes from John in Atlanta, GA? Well, I'll be...

It must be true.

That's actually my post on that forum. And yes, I have heard from those standing at turn 1 that it's eating tires at the front end. I believe they have an issue of overheating the front tires now as you can see from the Ferrari lap times that the tires are essentially switched 'on', then have a decent lap, and then completely fall off after subsequent laps. It's quite a phenomenon which I am sure they will get their hands around, but it will take time to understand their new paradigm they have employed.
Aahhh, come on. A terribly vague rumour, and suddenly it becomes fact? Ferrari used no more tyres than any other team, so that seems to scotch the rumour.

how many sets of tires did Alonso use over the last 2 days, and what was the mileages?

Hail22

Have a look at the photo Owen posted, I had a sneaking suspicion they were going to put a sensor on the pull rod suspension to possibly test "Vibrations" you can clearly see the sensor stripe on the wishbone.

Why do i feel this car is 80% sandbagged? those softs look fairly well weared out compared to last year.

Gilles Villeneuve

CHT
CHT

Hail22 wrote:Have a look at the photo Owen posted, I had a sneaking suspicion they were going to put a sensor on the pull rod suspension to possibly test "Vibrations" you can clearly see the sensor stripe on the wishbone.

Why do i feel this car is 80% sandbagged? those softs look fairly well weared out compared to last year.
How many laps have they ran on those tires?