Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Ferrari F2012

amouzouris wrote:
xpensive wrote:Great stuff, but tell me amorous Z, what software do you use for thse images?
i use photoshop!! if you wanna know how i do it inbox me X...but im warning u...its a pain in the ass!
Great work as usual Z. As for the brake ducts, here are two photos that help show the front of the new ones.

Adjusting brightness in photoshop helped with this one.
Front view of new F2012 brake ducts

Partial view of the top

Top of new F2012 brake ducts

Unfortunately there aren't any real good pictures of the new brake ducts. But I'll be sure to post some when/if we use them in Spain.

I don't know about some of you but I'm stoked for the new brake ducts. It's one small area I've been wanting the team to upgrade for what seems like an eternity. =D>

amouzouris

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
amouzouris wrote:
xpensive wrote:Great stuff, but tell me amorous Z, what software do you use for thse images?
i use photoshop!! if you wanna know how i do it inbox me X...but im warning u...its a pain in the ass!
Great work as usual Z. As for the brake ducts, here are two photos that help show the front of the new ones.

Adjusting brightness in photoshop helped with this one.
Front view of new F2012 brake ducts

Partial view of the top

Top of new F2012 brake ducts

Unfortunately there aren't any real good pictures of the new brake ducts. But I'll be sure to post some when/if we use them in Spain.

I don't know about some of you but I'm stoked for the new brake ducts. It's one small area I've been wanting the team to upgrade for what seems like an eternity. =D>
yes u r right!! i cant really make out anything from the photos of the front of the new brake ducts let alone draw them...if we see them in Spain ill draw them as soon as i can!

edit: thank u X2!

evered7

amouzouris wrote:as before with the exhaust configurations Ferrari has tried up to now...i made drawings of the upgrades Ferrari brought to Mugello...
That was great work, amouzouris =D> . Many times it is difficult to comprehend the changes in the car. I liked the way the changes are in a different color to the rest of the car clearly showing what the upgrades are about.

amouzouris

evered7 wrote:
amouzouris wrote:as before with the exhaust configurations Ferrari has tried up to now...i made drawings of the upgrades Ferrari brought to Mugello...
That was great work, amouzouris =D> . Many times it is difficult to comprehend the changes in the car. I liked the way the changes are in a different color to the rest of the car clearly showing what the upgrades are about.
that idea is really not mine...i got it from Scarbs who is much better than i am at drawing and certainly knows A LOT more... here is his webpage http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/

Nando

I hope you are using pen tool :)
Otherwise it would become a bit annoying in bends etc.

Great work by the way, love these clean illustrations!
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

PlatinumZealot

First is the turning vanes under the nose ala Red Bull that Massa tried on the 2nd day:

Original turning vanes:
Your should put your images on Scarb's website, very good and clear.

8)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

amouzouris

Nando wrote:I hope you are using pen tool :)

I am using the pen tool!! :D

Nando

amouzouris wrote:I am using the pen tool!! :D
It´s a wonderful piece of equipment :)

Kiril Varbanov

amouzouris wrote:
Nando wrote:I hope you are using pen tool :)

I am using the pen tool!! :D
I also tried pen tool, both with Inkscape and Adobe Illustrator CS6, but it requires time and nerves - the former I don't have :) Other than that, it's easy, at least for me, but for those time frames I'd rather do the illustration with paper and pen.

Very good drawings, my friendly advice is to choose color different than yellow to highlight the changes, in order to differentiate from Scarbs.

stefan_

Thanks for the drawings. I usually understand what is going on with the updates and the bits that appear here and there, but your ilustrations make it clearer (as it was with the exhaust evolution from winter testing to Mugello) since I am a visual-orientated person, I understand things much clearer if I can see something that triggers my imagination to understand a certain thing.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Nando

Anyone know what new parts will come to FP1-2?

Alonso said they are bringing stuff that they did not bring to Mugello.

(Autosport.com)

Scalex

Catalan TV showed today an image of the car being unloaded. For a quick fraction of a second it was possible to see the exhaust, and I would sware it was different. For sure it had the "acer ducts" in red, not black, and pointing outwards. The impression I got was that they were at a much more extreme angle than the "classic"/launch layout.

I'm desperately looking for a video file of that so to see if I can freeze it on the exact second.

Scalex

Got it! Now if only I could find the way to post the pic...

It looks definitely diferent to me.

You can find the video here:

http://www.tv3.cat/3alacarta/#/videos/4087854

Around second 42. Or maybe is just an impression.. However... So that we have something to specualte about whilst we wait for the real news :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FakeAlonso

It is weird they had the old exhaust configurations with the acer ducts.

I am sure they will change it and run with the latest exhaust.

bhall

(Click to enlarge)