myurr wrote:So the list of things to protest on this car so far stands at:
- Bodywork and channels expressly for channeling the exhaust air. Whilst not strictly illegal the FIA have said they would not be happy with such bodywork.
- Channels and holes into the diffuser, either building a double deck diffuser of some description or allowing exhaust gas into the diffuser, depending on who you ask.
- Flexing AOA adjustable front wing of some description.
- Failure to adhere to RRA spending limits and resigning from FOTA over this.
Anything else we need to add to this list?
(lights blue touch paper and retreats to safe distance...)
1. McLaren and Ferrari have that too, so it's 3 teams being protested on that then.
2. Blowing the starter hole is what everyone does. Almost every team has that opening on either side of the gearbox to channel air into the diffusor. That's not a DDD then, just to clarify.
3. The sideview shows an angle that's clearly over the top, I doubt anyone would aim for such an angle....whatever it was, it's not flexing that much!
4. Again, looking at new body parts only to make a statement on spending will lead to the conclusion: Lotus (new chassis), Ferrari (lots of new bodywork to get their exhausts right) and McLaren (new sidepod + exhaust area) have all spent money to build different solutions.....I see no RRA infringement here!
Anything else to banter about?