Mercedes AMG F1 W03

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
siskue2005

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

clipsy1H wrote:Any uptade for Valencia?

BTW: This car is so fast on Sector 1 but lose over 0.300 on sector 2 and Sector 3 is kinda normal.
no cascades , same as canada
i can understand that at canada, but why did they remove it in valencia? :wtf: strange
pic

Morteza

Does the car not need any development or the team is falling behind? I mean look at Red Bull and Ferrari. I'm getting worried about it.

The front wing also has left me scratching my head. Why are they still using it as other members here mentioned?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Joie de vivre

no man, no, dont worry, they know what they are doing

some on this forum say, they've done testing in wind tunnels and so on, so you don't have to worry about it ... SERIOUSLY!

but for real: i lost hope in this team

mantikos

You guys seem to ignore the damn near B-spec car they launched a couple of races ago, do you expect them to have a new car every 2 races?
As for the front wing, I think this might be more about a balance thing rather than anything else.

wesley123

So because they run a front wing without the cascade you guys lose hope in the team?

Seriously this is dumb, are you thinking you need max df because the walls are closer to the track or is it that they just dont run a cascade?

No but seriously 4 long straights and apart from that just turns, you sure do not need top speed at all here.

Oh and dont forget to keep hope in McLaren not sporting any updates at all for since I know when!
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Ferraripilot

They could be running more rake to the entire front wing as a whole and are finding that to work better than running less wing rake yet with cascades. They also could have found the wash produced by the cascades to be producing less-than helpful currents towards the back of the car.

Joie de vivre

since TC is banned, teams should be looking for better ways to maximize the downforce (brawn double dif. i.e.), and rbr's new exhaust/air flow system ... well at least some teams know the downforce is the most important factor (why on earth was rbr so dominant with EBD? and also brawn w/ DD?)

i don't care about FW, this team realy needs to start reconsidering revising this exhaust layout and max. the downforce ... also reducing degredation of tires

i bet vettel will win this gp

Owen.C93

mantikos wrote:You guys seem to ignore the damn near B-spec car they launched a couple of races ago, do you expect them to have a new car every 2 races?
As for the front wing, I think this might be more about a balance thing rather than anything else.
B-spec? The one where they made small modifications to the sidepods?
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Huntresa

Joie de vivre wrote:since TC is banned, teams should be looking for better ways to maximize the downforce (brawn double dif. i.e.), and rbr's new exhaust/air flow system ... well at least some teams know the downforce is the most important factor (why on earth was rbr so dominant with EBD? and also brawn w/ DD?)

i don't care about FW, this team realy needs to start reconsidering revising this exhaust layout and max. the downforce ... also reducing degredation of tires

i bet vettel will win this gp

Nothing wrong with their degradatin, its not worst and its on par with most top teams, and not again with the exhaust, WE DONT KNOW how good or bad their current one is compared to Sauber or Mclaren style so give it a rest plz

Huntresa

Owen.C93 wrote:
mantikos wrote:You guys seem to ignore the damn near B-spec car they launched a couple of races ago, do you expect them to have a new car every 2 races?
B-spec? The one where they made small modifications to the sidepods?

They did new nose, new suspension and brake setup at the back and the sidepod modification.

wesley123

Not to mention most of the structures required crash testing again.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

techF1LES

Ferraripilot

one would think F1 would have a more clever way to bleed brakes by now. Guess not

vikram_d

Ferraripilot wrote:one would think F1 would have a more clever way to bleed brakes by now. Guess not
What's wrong with this way? :D

mx_tifoso

If it was anymore complicated Mercedes would surely screw it up, on Schumacher's car of course.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.