Mercedes AMG F1 W04 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
flmkane

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04 (pre-launch speculation)

:lol: ROFL :lol:

I'm actually breaking out in chuckles over all the insanity in this thread.

And Raptor22. Aldo Costa had been been working with Byrne for many years before replacing him. Aldo's first car also had significant input from Byrne.

And now I hope Lauda doesn't read this thread because he might decide to go after Byrne next.

Mika1

Here is a guy praying they will show us something completely different. Otherwise we have to battle with Caterham and Marussia...
The boss follows me on twitter.

Shrieker

Is there a tunnel in there... OR not ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Maelstrom

Fighting with Marussia and Carterham.... no... I don't think so.

The real problem is that fans are unrealistically expecting that the w04 should suddenly start leaving the Red Bulls, Mclaren and Ferrari in the dust. They placed 5th last year. A realistic expectation would be 4th or 3rd at the most.

See, the rest of the pack are improving on last years car. Ferrari's car isn't much different. Neither is the Red Bull or the Mclaren. They already had decent cars that they refined and, presumably, made better.

Sauber had a fantastic car last year that was very easy on the tyres and was very fast at times, too. Lotus would probably have placed second in the WCC if they had someone other than Grosjean.

Merc had to start over from scratch. So why expect them to suddenly come up with a radical new car in a year when it has essentially taken the other teams two years? Isn't it better for them to take from what they have learnt and build on that, rather than go for another potentially brilliant but fatally flawed car?

Afterburner

Speculation on it's splendor.

stefan_

MERCEDES AMG F1 ‏@MercedesAMGF1

#F1W04 first ever run just now with @Nico_Rosberg taking it around the track... Looks great... Stay tuned for more soon ;)
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

MercAMGF1Fans

MERCEDES AMG F1 ‏@MercedesAMGF1
#F1W04 first ever run just now with @Nico_Rosberg taking it around the track... Looks great... Stay tuned for more soon ;)

Mestrades

The car is on the track. This year I can't take photos of the car. I'm in Jerez working like I was in Montmelo last year. The car is practicaly the same you can see on the web's launch. I'm a little bit far away of the track right now, and I can't see details.

Maelstrom

Oh well... In that case it's not the best looking car. Let's hope it's a solid, fast, reliable one, atleast.

wjpbill

here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsdBOtgWQYA

odd shaped nose eh?