Force India VJM06 Mercedes (Pre-Launch Speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
multisync
multisync

Re: Force India VJM06 Mercedes (Pre-Launch Speculation)

wesley123 wrote:
FanForceIndia wrote:Force India has no financial problems! Force India stands apart from other companies. As Kingfisher Airlines is independent of United Breweries. They will be spoken for years of financial problems, but there is never what proved true.
When you cant get to the hard numbers you cant prove anything. But well, it is common knowledge that his companies(and especially Kingfisher) arent running so well.
Force India's Bob Fernley has denied that the F1 team is in "crisis" and on the verge of "collapse".
Would be weird if he said it was true
When the news of Kingfisher's woes broke, Force India was keen to distance itself from the airline, however a report has emerged in Italy claiming that it too is in financial trouble.
Kingfisher and FI are run by the same guy. The same guy that aparently didnt have enough money to keep Kingfisher in the air(or he of course just makes lots of money by the bankrupcy of Kingfisher), so it then is safe to asume he also doesnt have the money to invest in the team.
That plan could see either former team boss Colin Kolles, who was last in charge of HRT in 2011, make a return or even Flavio Briatore.
Kolles again?
"Our shareholder Vijay and Sahara are incredibly strong. They don't need partners.
Wasnt Sahara there to invest in the team because Vijay couldnt cough up the full amount?
"As we speak, we are putting together and implementing an expansion programme that Vijay talked about at the end of last year.
They are getting more 3D printing stuff for free by a partnership, costs them nothing. Also they could fire a few guys in the windtunnel model making team as they are replaced by 3D printers. So yeah, that was a pretty good piece of PR from Bob Fernley.
"And all that is going ahead and moving forward. For the last four years, coming now to our fifth year, the team has been financed without any dependence on the shareholders' companies that they own.
So? That doesnt mean it is the case now.
"There is absolutely no substance to it anywhere and that's the thing that's very distressing."
There is enough to it.

Whatever you say -and it appears you actually want them to fail in order to feel somehow superior?- money is coming in from somewhere and they are spending it on the infrastructure, the car is full steam ahead and from what I have heard they are planning for the next 5 years+

It could all go tits up for all I know but I feel they will be there at the start -and end- of the season...

wesley123
wesley123

multisync wrote: Whatever you say -and it appears you actually want them to fail in order to feel somehow superior?- money is coming in from somewhere and they are spending it on the infrastructure, the car is full steam ahead and from what I have heard they are planning for the next 5 years+

It could all go tits up for all I know but I feel they will be there at the start -and end- of the season...
So because I have arguments why they do have problems it means I want them to fail? If I wanted them to fail I would have said it that way.

I dont see how you even can put that link together.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

turbof1

This doesn't belong in the car discussion thread. Please move that debate to here: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 2&start=15
#AeroFrodo

King Six
King Six

They just posted this on twitter. What do you think guys, step nose or not?

Then again if they're launching the car on Friday(?) what's it already doing outside in what is presumably the Silverstone pit lane. So it might not even be it.

Gridlock

Without even touching the huge bump where the modesty panel should be, what's going on with the nose? Are the FW supports glued onto the side of it, like a crude FW26??

Hang on, is this Di Resta's Brazil car? :D

Spacepace

The sidepod shape looks different, not the huge undercut ones.

King Six
King Six

Gridlock wrote:Without even touching the huge bump where the modesty panel should be, what's going on with the nose? Are the FW supports glued onto the side of it, like a crude FW26??

Hang on, is this Di Resta's Brazil car? :D
I think that's the camera, they did that last year too. Mounted the camera on the end of the nose, so it looked like a Hammerhead (Eagle i-Thrust)

Marc.W

That's last years launch pic, google shows the car in the exact same place during 2012 launch, going by the white wear marks on the the blue line

King Six
King Six

Marc.W wrote:That's last years launch pic, google shows the car in the exact same place during 2012 launch, going by the white wear marks on the the blue line
I thought here was something odd with it, it was they themselves that just posted it on twitter ...abit strange but whatever, lol.

clipsy1H

stepped nose !!

beelsebob
beelsebob

clipsy1H wrote:stepped nose !!
How on earth can you tell with the two antennas straight on top of where the step would be?

Gridlock

Does anyone have/can obtain/works for FI and is feeling generous the exact time of the launch for my post here?

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 16#p405416

multisync
multisync

King Six wrote:They just posted this on twitter. What do you think guys, step nose or not?

Then again if they're launching the car on Friday(?) what's it already doing outside in what is presumably the Silverstone pit lane. So it might not even be it.
The ground hasn't been bone dry in England for over a month..

Randomness
Randomness

multisync wrote:
King Six wrote:They just posted this on twitter. What do you think guys, step nose or not?

The ground hasn't been bone dry in England for over a month..
The Williams is being shaken down in Spain this week. It is a rational thought process that it could be the new car in a foreign country, ready to have a shakedown.

Richard
Richard