Williams FW35 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
zoro_f1

Re: Williams FW35 (pre-launch speculation)

yes... i know... i was meaning that this years car reminds me on 2011. Image

Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

scarbs

those mirrors are spaced very wide!

diego1960

The livery is awful though, couldn't they have a brighter blue? Or more red? Something that shows some imagination.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

stefan_

scarbs wrote:those mirrors are spaced very wide!
When I saw the photo that is above the guys holding the FW I had the impression for a moment that the mirrors are mounted on the sidepods. Rubbed my eyes on that one.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

zoro_f1

old stepped nose ->>
new nose with panel -->>

still the same back of the car with low gearbox.

Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

zoro_f1

nice work of hiding the stepped nose. Image

raymondu999

Why are all the photos of the FW34 being posted into the FW35 thread and not back into the FW34? It has a vanity panel now, but it's still an FW34...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FW17

^
coz it is the pre-launch speculation thread

raymondu999

WilliamsF1 wrote:^
Yes. And the FW34 is the FW34. The FW34 is not the pre-launch speculation of the FW35.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

zoro_f1

because this thread is presentation of the new parts for FW35 on FW34. these are not speculations how would be FW34... it is for FW35.

also... this nose is against the rules from 2012, but for 2013 it is allowed. and what would you name this car which is against the rules from last year? Image

raymondu999 wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:^
Yes. And the FW34 is the FW34. The FW34 is not the pre-launch speculation of the FW35.

Richard

Please refrain from posting lots of FW34 pics even if it is part of this year's test.

Please do post pictures of new features such as the vanity panel that might help inform our speculation of what will turn up on the FW35.

loyfah

sorry, not about the car.

Sevach

raymondu999 wrote:Why are all the photos of the FW34 being posted into the FW35 thread and not back into the FW34? It has a vanity panel now, but it's still an FW34...
Well, we got to see (kind of) a prototype of the new nose and the new paintjob (bad imo).
But other than that, there's no need to upload every photo of it.

Apparently, they haven't put their unraced coanda exhausts a single time during the tests, i wonder if that tell us something about the FW35.

sirexilon

And he is back talking none sense. Do you guys think he even believe himself that load of crap?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105451

Starting test for a new year with an old car is not problem?
So WHY the rest bother so much finishing up the new cars? are they all stupid but him? or is the other way around???

Unless the only modifications from 2012 to 2013 are going to be the front wing and maybe a new rear wing, then hell yeah they do those during the season. Other than that if is a new chassis, sorry but, all the time you loose you only recover it while everybody else is fine tuning and upgrading, while you are just trying to get things to start working. So yeah, no problem....

Poor Williams having to get this kind of driver.
Life long F1 fan. Always learning about all the tech around my favorite sport.

http://www.facebook.com/f1myway

roadie

I wonder if the aero and CoG benefits of the low diff and angled drive shafts outweigh the aero benefits of the clean rear suspension setup all the other teams seem to be using? Will we see a slightly higher diff on the FW35?