Lotus E21 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Re: Lotus E21 Renault

The circuit at Sao Paulo always had issues with getting rid of water. They probably copied the idea from Spa. It's a quick and cheap solution. They probably identified that spot as one of the worst ones when it rains, or the most dangerous one.
#AeroFrodo

theWPTformula

turbof1 wrote:Interesting to see that both mercedes and especially red bull choose for real slots rather then ferrari and lotus for holes connected with a legality paper slot to the edge of the floor. What are advantages and disadvantages of both 'concepts'? Vortex verses spilling air perhaps? Bleeding some the exhaust gasses those slots?
The fence beside the slot array is designed to keep the exhaust gases from this area so no bleeding here.

It all depends on the characteristics of vortex they want to create and how it interacts with the rear tyre.

stefan_

Brazil 2013 - Thursday (21.11.2013)

Sutton Images

AMuS / XPB

Brazil 2013 - Friday (22.11.2013)

Brazil 2013 - Saturday (23.11.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Rozza

Manoah2u

sweet display of effects of exhaust gas manipulation aero-wise. nice flow to the floor there. too bad romain lost his car there. he drove well last races. rather seen that to kovalainen, he finally was able to show he failed hugely in the lotus.
reminded me of ferrari when massa needed replacement.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Matt Somers

The video, including slo mo of it... http://telly.com/1FDHMKC
Catch me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SomersF1 or the blog http://www.SomersF1.co.uk
I tweet tech images for Sutton Images

Sevach

It's going where it's suppoused to.

hollus

Hi guys, late to the party here ;-) ###Note: this is a 2013 car###
As part of language course, I got to see the lobby of a company that has a Lotus E21 in display. It is obviously just the skin, but it is close up and personal and it seems to me to be the real deal or at least it seems to be made of race-worthy parts. Even the tires seem to be the real thing, or at least they are proper racing tires, I left a permanent nail mark in one with very, very moderate pressure (I was actually explaining to a colleague that the tires were of course not real, if they were I would leave a mark doing... ooops!).
We've had pictures of this car to death, but if anyone needs a particular picture of a particular part from a particular angle, just ask. I should have a chance to spend time with her again next week and I get close enough to put my Iphone camera in many naughty places.
Rivals, not enemies.

dren

They could never get the F-duct working through the season. I was always surprised that they never removed those side bulges.

Great pics of the pass through under the coanda side pods!
Honda!

Manoah2u

This should have 18+ Censorship :!: :-"

anyway cool pix!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"