Marussia MR02 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Yurasyk

Re: Marussia MR02 Cosworth

I guess that Marussia and Caterhem exhausts are the SAME. 100% clones. :shock:

JayeOFarrell

No Monkey Seat? There are quite a few little details a lot of the other cars are running that the Marussia seems to be missing :/
“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.”
― Vincent van Gogh

stefan_

Last edited by stefan_ on 05 Feb 2013, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Jackles-UK

Interesting slot at the leading edge of the rear wing endplates and they seem to have gone with the Toro Rosso ideology of high sidepods and deep undercut (without resorting to the STR6/7 hovering option). CoG must take a slight hit. Is the front wing a '12 carry over or is it new because it looks pretty suave for a bottom-ring team!

Huntresa

Jackles-UK wrote:Interesting slot at the leading edge of the rear wing endplates and they seem to have gone with the Toro Rosso ideology of high sidepods and deep undercut (without resorting to the STR6/7 hovering option). CoG must take a slight hit. Is the front wing a '12 carry over or is it new because it looks pretty suave for a bottom-ring team!
No one is running a new FW, everyone is running the FW they ran in the last 3-4 races. Most likely we wont see new FWs until last Barca test or even Melbourne.

Coefficient

350matt wrote:
Coefficient wrote:
timbo wrote:The lack of sponsors is indeed worrying, and also the look. The car looks very unlike any other on the grid and more like an Indycar. Are their drivers very short? Why the cockpit is so forward?

The cockpit isn't especially far forward, its an optical illusion caused by the very long rear. This has ended up being very large because the Cosworth Motor is much bigger than the Merc, Ferrari and Renault lumps and this year a 2 year old Williams KERS has been strapped onto it too. It looks like the old "limousine" from 2010 that they introduced mid season because of the fuel capacity issues!
the motor is about 8mm longer than a Renault..... Sheesh hold the phone

bear in mind the engines are still homologated and merc et al won't have been able to design a new engine block each year

so they are all 'old' engines in this regard

I like the car it looks like their best effort to date and

I also remember another car that was slated for its looks when it came out and proceeded to wipe the floor with everyone else, Brawn anyone?

lets wait and see ,this sport is anything but static
By engine I mean the motor and everything you need to run it. It requires some pretty old fashioned cooling does the Cosworth which adds to the bulk. It's obvious when you look at how little undercut they've achieved and how little the "coanda" bubbles are. They got too much to package in that engine bay which is why it looks huge.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

Forza

Jerez test- day 2

350matt

Coefficient wrote:
By engine I mean the motor and everything you need to run it. It requires some pretty old fashioned cooling does the Cosworth which adds to the bulk. It's obvious when you look at how little undercut they've achieved and how little the "coanda" bubbles are. They got too much to package in that engine bay which is why it looks huge.
what you mean by old fashioned cooling ? Is everyone else on glycol then?

N12ck

It doesnt look like a modern f1 car :?
Budding F1 Engineer

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

stefan_

raymondu999

Trackside impressions by Gary Anderson, from the latest edition of Autosport:
Gary Anderson wrote:The Marussia looked to be on a very similar pace to the Caterham. It’s a more simple car than the Caterham, which has more aero detailing, so there is room to improve. But as you’d expect with a back of the grid car at this early stage of the year, it just lacks downforce.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

RB7ate9

It's finally dawned on my why it looks less like a F1 racer and more like an Indycar: the nose livery makes the nose appear much MUCH smaller than it really is. If the entire body was the same color, it would be more recognizable as a low-nose F1 car.

Carry on.

Huntresa

RB7ate9 wrote:It's finally dawned on my why it looks less like a F1 racer and more like an Indycar: the nose livery makes the nose appear much MUCH smaller than it really is. If the entire body was the same color, it would be more recognizable as a low-nose F1 car.

Carry on.

Yeah but at the same time i rly like the white on this car.