Williams FW35 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Huntresa
Huntresa

Re: Williams FW35 Renault

Good to see its a clear evolution from last year.

Maxion
Maxion

Comparison with the F138.

Blackout

Last edited by Blackout on 19 Feb 2013, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Williams' rear end is non existant as always, and the coanda exhausts are lower than the Ferraris.

edit:
@above picture, wow........very interesting indeed. I'm even more impressed with the non existence of the back of the car in that pic....madness..

Looks like Caterham won't be getting an earful from other teams on their own heh.

If they tilt the exhausts upwards enough, they can bury them in the sidepods and still have the ability to create "tunnels" aft of the exits? Assuming the coanda effect works well enough?
Last edited by GrizzleBoy on 19 Feb 2013, 10:18, edited 2 times in total.

Huntresa
Huntresa

GrizzleBoy wrote:Williams' rear end is non existant as always, and the coanda exhausts are lower than the Ferraris.
And not as fat a sidepod so the flow will be more fluent thru on the side via the abrgeboard.

Mr.G

Maxion wrote:[...]
FW35 is in different angle, look at the top of the rear tyre.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Maxion
Maxion

Mr.G wrote:
Maxion wrote:[...]
FW35 is in different angle, look at the top of the rear tyre.
Yep, but I couldn't find a better photo to use. There are none where the cars are in perfect profile or shot with the same focal length.

FrukostScones

Blackout wrote:Quite different exhaust outlets...
http://f1.f-e-n.net/images/f1/2013/2013 ... 4178RT.JPG
looks nice this car, compact and aggressive
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Forza

N12ck

look at the height of that nose! :shock:
Budding F1 Engineer

timbo
timbo

GrizzleBoy wrote:Williams' rear end is non existant as always, and the coanda exhausts are lower than the Ferraris.

edit:
@above picture, wow........very interesting indeed. I'm even more impressed with the non existence of the back of the car in that pic....madness..

Looks like Caterham won't be getting an earful from other teams on their own heh.

If they tilt the exhausts upwards enough, they can bury them in the sidepods and still have the ability to create "tunnels" aft of the exits? Assuming the coanda effect works well enough?
yeah, very interesting solution and would surely cause a bit of debate in the paddock.

Darknight
Darknight

1:29.550 on its first lap ever is pretty good!

Coefficient
Coefficient

=D> =D> =D>

Well done Mike Coughlan and chums!! I think this car is going to be a thorn in the side of Mercedes and Lotus this year! Maybe cause the odd headache for Mclaren, Red Bull and Ferrari too! The rear end is just amazing, so much wide open space! The gearbox must be off a Moto2 bike or something!

If Pastor and Valterri can keep it together this year Williams could be in for something of a renaissance!!
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

sriraj1031
sriraj1031

Coefficient wrote:=D> =D> =D>

Well done Mike Coughlan and chums!! I think this car is going to be a thorn in the side of Mercedes and Lotus this year! Maybe cause the odd headache for Mclaren, Red Bull and Ferrari too! The rear end is just amazing, so much wide open space! The gearbox must be off a Moto2 bike or something!

If Pastor and Valterri can keep it together this year Williams could be in for something of a renaissance!!

Guess its too early for that kinda conclusion, Mercedes and lotus may be top 2 teams this year who knows!!

muelte
muelte

Love the sidepods...