Williams FW35 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Williams FW35 Renault

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_

United States 2013 - Thursday (14.11.2013)

via Dickie Stanford

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Seamus

roadie

Thanks for the photos. What front wing will we see this race!

Looking forward to seeing more shots of the exhaust from different angles.

Seamus

Different front brakes

trinidefender

They are running different front brake ducts, testing parts perhaps?

Sevach

The one in Bottas car looks an awful lot like an FW34 brake duct.

stefan_

Rotating camera is on Williams' nosecone.

via Craig Scarborough
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

roadie

Right click and open in new tab for big.

Sky Sports saying the FW35 now sounds completely different to the other cars as they are not mapping the engine to blow the diffuser.

stefan_

I noticed the different sound today when we were onboard with Bottas, but I initially thought it was just me hearing stuff.

scarlet

Anyone else notice the front brake ducts tilt significantly downwards under braking from the new on board camera shot?

kooleracer

Why is williams so optimistic about the new exhaust position the 2014 exhaust positions are not even similar to their current solution. The 2014 will exist under the rear wing, so there is no correlation between the two solutions.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Owen.C93

kooleracer wrote:Why is williams so optimistic about the new exhaust position the 2014 exhaust positions are not even similar to their current solution. The 2014 will exist under the rear wing, so there is no correlation between the two solutions.
But other teams are gaining large chunks of time with their exhausts and Williams aren't. When you remove these effects for 2014 obviously all the teams will lose time, but likely Williams less than others.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

kooleracer

Owen.C93 wrote:
kooleracer wrote:Why is williams so optimistic about the new exhaust position the 2014 exhaust positions are not even similar to their current solution. The 2014 will exist under the rear wing, so there is no correlation between the two solutions.
But other teams are gaining large chunks of time with their exhausts and Williams aren't. When you remove these effects for 2014 obviously all the teams will lose time, but likely Williams less than others.
I dont think Williams will gain. Remember the Mercs changing back from coanda and also being faster. The coanda effect is hard to master. Also Austin is not a good example of Williams pace i think a lot teams struggling with tyre temps etc. Also Williams 2012 solution is still adding downforce, in 2014 the exhaust will create no downforce at all. So they are still gaining from the gasses. But their pace looks solid.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

AnthonyG

scarlet wrote:Anyone else notice the front brake ducts tilt significantly downwards under braking from the new on board camera shot?
I noticed that, but I'm not sure if they were actually doing that or if it was just an optical illusion.

It would make sense in a way if they could better manage brake temperature by this.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel