Ferrari 2014 Car Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Forza Ferrari
Forza Ferrari

Re: Ferrari 2014 Car Pre-launch Speculation

Are you really hopefull they will give you the name of the new car ?? :o

I'm sure they haven't even thought about it, and Montezemolo is the only one who decides this kind of thing, IMHO.
I really hope they have much better to do than reflect on the name of their forthcoming car, it could be named
166146Tspecial edition championship, it wouldn't make it faster...

turbof1

Forza Ferrari wrote:Are you really hopefull they will give you the name of the new car ?? :o

I'm sure they haven't even thought about it, and Montezemolo is the only one who decides this kind of thing, IMHO.
I really hope they have much better to do than reflect on the name of their forthcoming car, it could be named
Hopeful? Yes. Realistic? Absolutely not. But it doesn't hurt to try. Who knows they have just hired a naive individual over there who just might be a bit loose-lipped.

However, I absolutely do think they already have the official name thought out. And no, it doesn't make the car faster; you are more missing the point. When the number doesn't refer to the present year, ferrari puts a lot of thought behind it. It is such a banality cared so carefully that it has it charmes.
#AeroFrodo

timbo
timbo

What's certain is that the internal designation for the car is 665 for it.
Wonder would they use 666 for 2015 car :D

FrukostScones

timbo wrote:What's certain is that the internal designation for the car is 665 for it.
Wonder would they use 666 for 2015 car :D
Yeah, and also they the will hire MAL as ALO replacement in 2015.

should we include the testing LaFerrari mule vid here, i d find it appropriate.

edit.

F146T looks beautiful.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

turbof1

FrukostScones wrote: should we include the testing LaFerrari mule vid here, i d find it appropriate.
I can understand it's tempting, but it doesn't exclusively relate to the 2014 f1 car. Plus it has been posted in the appropiate thread already.
#AeroFrodo

diffuser

What do you guys make of autosprint's claims that Ferrari are dropping the pullrod front ? http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... 14-report/

I would have thought that by now they had it figured out. Also,you'd think, the pull-rod made it easier to fit with the lower nose requirement for 2014.

timbo
timbo

diffuser wrote:I would have thought that by now they had it figured out. Also,you'd think, the pull-rod made it easier to fit with the lower nose requirement for 2014.
The lower nose would diminish CofG advantages of pull rod. Fry said they mostly pursuit aero advantages however it seems if they used pull rod to condition the flow over sidepods they didn't succeed much. With the lower position of the nose this effect may also decrease. They clearly spend a lot of effort on 2014 car so "carry over" won't play into the decision IMO.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Re: Ferrari 2014 Pre-launch Speculation

SectorOne wrote:
Holm86 wrote:
SectorOne wrote:Yea Red/Black would be so sweet, bring back the sinister looking Ferrari livery.

Will be interesting to see just what Rory Byrne will produce actually.
Is Rory back on the team?? Or just as a consultant?
In February 2013, at the launch of F138 - in interview to the German Auto Motor und Sport Rory Byrne said that he is "working full steam" on Ferrari’s 2014 F1 car, in a role which will see Byrne return to the role as chief designer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Byrne
Chief Designer apparently. Very exciting stuff.
AFAIK Tombazis is still chief designer. Byrne is probably still in his consulting role.

diffuser

turbof1 wrote:
Forza Ferrari wrote:Are you really hopefull they will give you the name of the new car ?? :o

Hopeful? Yes. Realistic? Absolutely not. But it doesn't hurt to try. Who knows they have just hired a naive individual over there who just might be a bit loose-lipped.

However, I absolutely do think they already have the official name thought out. And no, it doesn't make the car faster; you are more missing the point. When the number doesn't refer to the present year, ferrari puts a lot of thought behind it. It is such a banality cared so carefully that it has it charmes.

How bout six cylinder twin turbo single exhaust? F621 or F6213......

To be honest I never liked tthe naming scheme. I always thought we should start with the year. Like the F150 should have been the F2011-150 and last year's F2013-138.

So for 2014 I suggest F2014-621

timbo
timbo

diffuser wrote:How bout six cylinder twin turbo single exhaust? F621 or F6213......
Single turbo, so 611. But number of exhausts and turbos was never used in their numbering.

aleks_ader

.poz wrote:F146T
So you mean Transversal gearbox? Meeh. Tight coke-bottle disprove it.

Definitely Ferrari will go creative, like in that "famous" testing video. Because this new regulations for Ferrari represent even greater milestones than was common in the past. For years Ferrari concern preferred atmospheric beasts and brutal loud sound.

So yeah i will go for one and only option: F146

{14 is year, 6 = V6} i had also in mind 146 or F146 C (c=compressor, like they had in 80s) but i change my mind...:D
timbo wrote:
diffuser wrote:How bout six cylinder twin turbo single exhaust? F621 or F6213......
Single turbo, so 611. But number of exhausts and turbos was never used in their numbering.
No totaly true. Numbering they never use it for nuber of turbos or exhaoust outlets.But C, CK and also CX they use it to name Comprex compressor charging system.

Tipo 021 V6, 1.5 l, 90°
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

GOBATTO.R
GOBATTO.R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXNLQQC_AGU

probably Ferrari 2014 engine in test

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

AMuS Interview with Pat Fry on 2014 car development as well as the F138. Very very interesting read.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 43954.html

kooleracer
kooleracer

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:AMuS Interview with Pat Fry on 2014 car development as well as the F138. Very very interesting read.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 43954.html
Fry: Du musstest schon sehr clever sein, wenn du anhand eines Tests in Brasilien 2012 aus den Daten so viel herausgelesen hast, dass du dein Auto dafür maßschneidern konntest. Bei uns waren es nur sieben Runden. Wir haben von der generellen Chartakteristik unserer Autos profitiert. Sie sind seit Jahren nett zu den Reifen. Wir hatten selten Probleme mit Überhitzen der Reifen. Es hatte nichts damit zu tun, dass wir ein besonders schlaues Auto für diese Reifen gebaut haben. Es hat einfach zufällig gepasst.
So all other teams claiming to design their cars around the new 2013 are lying, something Newey also said already. You can't design a car based on a tire. Tires have always been a black art for engineers and till this day it is. Like Fry said they were lucky that new tires worked well with the car. I was the get really irritated by Lotus and Force India those 2 claiming to have found a way to design their cars around the tires.....
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Blackout

kooleracer wrote: I was the get really irritated by Lotus and Force India those 2 claiming to have found a way to design their cars around the tires.....
Lotus never said that, I mean the engineers. Permane and Allison always said they give special attention to the tires and the mechanical grip but I don't remember them claiming ''we designed the E21 around the 2013 Pirelli''.
Enstone is working on FRIC suspensions since 2008 atleast, for example... and their history shows how many innovations they experimented in order to improve mechanic grip...

Fact is; the Enstone cars; the E21 as well as the E20, performed (very) well with every tires Pirelli brought, the 2012 ones, the 2013 ones and the German Gp ones. Even in 2012, the Lotus performances was relatively consistent through out the year while teams like Mclaren and Ferrari had highs and big lows.