Force India VJM07 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Agerasia

Re: Force India VJM07 Pre-launch Speculation

In all honesty I would wait until you see the real thing.
Why you ask? Because to me it looks like a render and has evidence of airbrushing in places.
"badically pressuring rosnerg " Ringo 05/10/2014

scarbs

Looking at the picture from the team now. I agree the pylons are on the wider part of the nose, as per my initial concept sketch.

Blackout

Pullrod or pushrod ? A Merc G-box? titanium and CF covered?
How much will 2014 Gearboxes weight approximatively?

Richard

We'll stick with speculation until we actually see the car. After all we can't see basic concepts so any comments are still in the realm of speculation.

Even FI admit this image is about the livery not the car:

Sahara Force India revealed its dynamic new look today, offering fans and media a first impression of how the VJM07 will look when it is officially presented at next week’s Jerez test session.

The new livery brings a fresh trackside image for the team with the introduction of black alongside the traditional colours of saffron, white and green.

... several paragraphs about branding...

http://www.forceindiaf1.com/news/detail ... k-for-2014

Greenish

Agerasia wrote:In all honesty I would wait until you see the real thing.
Why you ask? Because to me it looks like a render and has evidence of airbrushing in places.
I processed the image - results at http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?i ... 9d51.69472
Highlighted areas show where likely to have been photoshopped. So, all of the labels, lots of the of the shading, and maybe other spots too.

FrukostScones

the car is real, the livery was pshopped onto its shape, it is the real shape of of the car. accepting high stake bets.

just paypal me.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Owen.C93

That analysis isn't useful in this application. It's no doubt a render but it's probably fairly accurate. It's not what I was expecting it to look like however.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

theWPTformula

There is nothing too revealing about its design that would prompt other teams to change anything on their cars (as far as I know...), so there's no reason why this should not be a very similar version to that that will be launched next week.

I find their comments about the nose very interesting. Have they picked up on the Lotus scent on gone down their route?

Moxie

FrukostScones wrote:the car is real, the livery was pshopped onto its shape, it is the real shape of of the car. accepting high stake bets.

just paypal me.

Boy I hope you are correct, because I find the new livery pretty ugly. I always liked their livery. I can understand including a little bit of black to keep the sponsors happy. Hell, If they paint it pink to keep the sponsors happy I understand. But in terms of pure beauty, It would be disappointing to lose the beauty of the Indian Flag livery.

SectorOne

I think they have taken their CAD data of the car, put it in a renderer, let an artist do the skin and then posted it on the web.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Hobbs04

Looks like a wide blanchimont nose. You can see reflection of green along black portion of the nose. I assume the green is coming off a front wing element.

I do agree it looks a tad airbrushed.

Gerhardsa

I actually think it looks like something between the ant eater and the "penis" nose.
Almost very close to the one on the Main Page of F1Technical (blue nose) but just a bit shorter "penis" :lol:

only with the connection between nose and front wing a bit more elegant on the FI

multisync

They are yet to build a real 2014 car. This is what they say it is: a rendering of what the car/colour scheme will/may/could look like.

More of a PR and moral boost as they are running late (as usual) due to money being slow to come in(as usual)

adrianjordan

multisync wrote:They are yet to build a real 2014 car. This is what they say it is: a rendering of what the car/colour scheme will/may/could look like.

More of a PR and moral boost as they are running late (as usual) due to money being slow to come in(as usual)
They fired up the car last week and it will by now be packed and on it's way to Jerez ready for the test next week.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

SilverArrow10

Of course they have built it. They are going to run it next week. Parts of it are probably already on its way to Jerez.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle