Sauber C33 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Sauber C33 Pre-launch Speculation

This is the speculation thread about the 2014 car. Rumors, articles, ideas and fantasies about the car can be posted here. Once the car gets officially launched, this thread will be closed and discussion continues in the official thread.

Engine speculation has its own thread; unless it directly involves the 2014 Sauber contender, please keep any speculation here: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... ead#unread

For other 2014 topics, please check here

Ferrari Engine 3D Preview plus commentary:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ru95iwsve4#t=84[/youtube]
Last edited by turbof1 on 20 Dec 2013, 13:44, edited 2 times in total.
#AeroFrodo

SectorOne

Re: Sauber C33 Pre-launch Speculation

Sauber should be interesting to watch. They almost always have some pretty interesting trick bits on the car.
I wonder if their R&D of the slim sidepods is something they can benefit from for ´14.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

krisfx

SectorOne wrote:Sauber should be interesting to watch. They almost always have some pretty interesting trick bits on the car.
I wonder if their R&D of the slim sidepods is something they can benefit from for ´14.
I thought Red Bull had pretty much designed a "Standard sidepod" for this year because of the crash structure regs? If so they will all be a very similar size so it won't help at all.

SectorOne

Red Bull or Sauber?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Owen.C93

SectorOne wrote:Red Bull or Sauber?
Red-Bull designed the side impact structures for all teams this year. You can move them up or down but they should all be the same width more or less.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

humble sabot

to be clear the side impact structure is not the sidepod. it's a protuberance from the tub which gets covered by the sidepod. There ought to be a lot of variation still to be seen.
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

wesley123

No, 2004-2005
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Coefficient

That looks pre 2009 to me. Note the low rear wing and inwash front wing with curved main plane.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

Huntresa

Also do you rly expect them to put up a random projector screen in the factory showing their 2014 car in CFD or w/e it is mode ?

Helios

If only it would look as good as this one... :roll:

stefan_

Could be just a mock-up for making the seat fitting.

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

scarbs

Being bare carbon and as the shot is so tightly croppsed that'll probably be the C33 tub.

turbof1

I suspect due the lower nose the way the driver lies down changes, so they do have to use the new tub.

Still, the picture is too tightly cropped to get anything out of it unfortunaly.
#AeroFrodo