Lotus E22 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Re: Lotus E22 Pre-launch Speculation

Pilatus wrote:LOL,it took years for me to notice that "Burn" is one of their sponsors. :lol:

Also, all the guys around rear end of the car are wearing gloves. Hot, hot, hot.
the gloves are for electrical insulation from all of the new electrical devices.

aircooledtwin
aircooledtwin

deleted
Last edited by aircooledtwin on 11 Feb 2014, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Personally I hate the black, red, cream color scheme.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

miguelalvesreis
miguelalvesreis

Pilatus wrote:LOL,it took years for me to notice that "Burn" is one of their sponsors. :lol:

Also, all the guys around rear end of the car are wearing gloves. Hot, hot, hot.
The gloves seem to be electrical insulation, probably due to the ERS

Racer X

The Lotus plan to wait and not go to Jerez is a good strategy for all Renault team while Renault has not been allowed to do proper testing they have given Lotus updated equipment and it ran perfectly the allowed promotions running time. So at least now the other Renault teams can be given this same equipment and I'm sure this will mean Red bull catches up and to Ferrari and Mercedes. I'm sure Red Bull will be fine but.

I can see Lotus more then capable of out doing Or matching Red Bull tho we will see where Renault stands.....
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Pup
Pup

In the end, it may turn out to have been fortuitous that Lotus missed the test, but let's not confuse that with a 'strategy'.

Racer X

That's true I agree but it was a strategy for Lotus. Fortunate for Reanult..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

stefan_
stefan_

Pup wrote:In the end, it may turn out to have been fortuitous that Lotus missed the test, but let's not confuse that with a 'strategy'.
True that. Not going to the test was probably 50-60% budget-related, but I think they also knew something that made them take this decision much easier because you don't speak about how testing in 2014 will be very important and then not go to the few days of testing you have in a year. I think if they really wanted to test, they could have take part - it's not like Lotus are a bunch of hobos with an F1 car laying around.
(As a side note, financial problems in a big company are different from financial problems in a household, which people tend to make the parallel with)

With everyone bashing and writing them off, this one just might have played in their advantage.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

turbof1

It might be less budget related then assumed. They hired off Jerez on their own, had to stand in for the part of logistics that otherwise would be shared among teams, etc. The 2 days promotional event could easily costed them more then the 4 day test.
#AeroFrodo

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Pup wrote:In the end, it may turn out to have been fortuitous that Lotus missed the test, but let's not confuse that with a 'strategy'.
Potentially, but then Horner said the RB10 was only 'ready' the night before the Jerez test. If Lotus knee they were going to be cutting it fine to make the test, then taking an extra week and getting the engine feedback from the other Renault teams could easily have been planned.

Richard
Richard

We've now got pics of the car, so don't need this thread anymore

Car :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 12&t=17683

Team talk :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 15&t=17552