Force India VJM07 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Godius

Re: Force India VJM07 Mercedes

Matt Somers

Catch me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SomersF1 or the blog http://www.SomersF1.co.uk
I tweet tech images for Sutton Images

Godius

via AMuS

saju

Is there any update for FI

Racer X

Some one said in the Team Thread that Force India had a few bits of upgrades on Hulkenburgs car but not on Peres's car. I wonder what those upgrades are i mean you can see that Hulks rear wind had only one support in the middle and Sergios had 2. But aside from that what upgrades did Sergio not have? Or was it just that one thing?

EDIT: ADDED + So i searched and the only difference i could see in Hulks car vs Sergios is that minor detail on the rear wings. Everything else looked the same to me the front wing the nose and just everything.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Owen.C93

They tested a different floor but I think it had been used before. They just did an aero run on it.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Mamba

Was that aero package tested during the test week? Where is the new turbo cooling intake located if they removed it with the new update? Looks good and fast though...

MAMBA

Owen.C93

Mamba wrote:Was that aero package tested during the test week? Where is the new turbo cooling intake located if they removed it with the new update? Looks good and fast though...

MAMBA
Yes it was. The duct used to be for an oil cooler but I couldn't see it during the test.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

OO7
OO7

It looks like SFI have relocated the gearbox cooling or whatever cooling system they had that previously resided within the bay of the engine cowling, behind the engine plenum. So I can only speculate that they have either optimised their cooling to the point that they no longer require the additional radiator/exchanger or they have now placed it within the side pods.

Godius

Silverstone test day 1

Godius

Silverstone test day 2

monsi

This feels like such a dumb question, but I really don't know the answer. There are wing elements that are clearly designed to move the air outwards, from well inside the line of the wheels. Why would you try to move the air out of a fairly clear pathway past the suspension into the blockage area of the wheels ?

wesley123

monsi wrote:This feels like such a dumb question, but I really don't know the answer. There are wing elements that are clearly designed to move the air outwards, from well inside the line of the wheels. Why would you try to move the air out of a fairly clear pathway past the suspension into the blockage area of the wheels ?
The air will be directed around the outside of the wheel. This in turn pulls away dirty wheel wake from the floor which will also improve airflow further down.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender