Force India VJM07 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
stefan_

Re: Force India VJM07 Mercedes

Belgium 2014 - Thursday (21.08.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Godius

Morteza wrote:Belgium 2014 - Thursday (21.08.2014)

auto-motor-und-sport.de
New monkey seat by the look of it.

maheshvi

Why no Skinny body work on a low down-force circuit #-o #-o :wtf:

_Coeckelbergh_

auto-motor-und-sport.de
What's that thing in the front rim?
(I'm new here but been following for a few months and haven't seen that on other pictures)

SectorOne

Interesting gills or slots on the rear wing, any particular reason they are so far forward of the rear wing?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

techF1LES

_Coeckelbergh_ wrote:

http://img1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/For ... 803492.jpg
auto-motor-und-sport.de
What's that thing in the front rim?
(I'm new here but been following for a few months and haven't seen that on other pictures)
Protective cover to avoid damage during shipment, scrutineering and pit stop practice. Common sight on Wednesdays and Thursdays...

maheshvi

Don't get it as to why they have not deployed Skinny wing and Skinny body work. This is THE place to capitalize on ones strength and they let it slip through. We all know that they are not good at aerodynamic downforce so in that case go in the direction of achieving speed :x

rahulsampath

maheshvi wrote:Don't get it as to why they have not deployed Skinny wing and Skinny body work. This is THE place to capitalize on ones strength and they let it slip through. We all know that they are not good at aerodynamic downforce so in that case go in the direction of achieving speed :x
Based on an article in Amus, Andrew green has admitted that they are having issues with the tight body work and they are planning to introduce a substantially different package for Singapore Grand Prix. Hope Singapore wont be too late to clinch back 5th position from Mclaren.

maheshvi

rahulsampath wrote:
maheshvi wrote:Don't get it as to why they have not deployed Skinny wing and Skinny body work. This is THE place to capitalize on ones strength and they let it slip through. We all know that they are not good at aerodynamic downforce so in that case go in the direction of achieving speed :x
Based on an article in Amus, Andrew green has admitted that they are having issues with the tight body work and they are planning to introduce a substantially different package for Singapore Grand Prix. Hope Singapore wont be too late to clinch back 5th position from Mclaren.
singapore will indeed be too late #-o . ... and they had/would have missed their two most podium attainable circuits

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Godius

I can't find a better picture for now but it looks like they came here with a single slit on the rear wing end plate towards the leading edge. They have used twin slits so far for this years end plates. Auto, Motor und Sport:

techF1LES

Must be the angle. In fact, both leading edge slats are still there...

Photo: @ScarbsF1/Craig Scarborough

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Godius

I've noticed that both cars didn't run the low downforce rear wing yesterday.

maheshvi

Godius wrote:I've noticed that both cars didn't run the low downforce rear wing yesterday.

http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 470.89.jpg
http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 508.67.jpg
That's sad that none of the updates that they have tried have worked for them. Hopefully, Singapore updates are going to work.