Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Hovepeter

Re: Ferrari F14T

f1universe wrote:
Hovepeter wrote:in the article posted on this site, ferrari said they had some problems with there oil pressure and there kers, and that is why alonso did not end on the podium. off course there 5 sec penalty did not help. did we see any of these problems under the race? i could be a bad excuse for there car maybe did not had that pace they thought. :wtf:
Can you post the link, I can't find the article. Thanks.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/19586?s ... ff7f42a370

here you go :D

scarbs

Jump batteries, are the external batteries they pkug into the car to power systems until the engine has started.

Hovepeter

scarbs wrote:Jump batteries, are the external batteries they pkug into the car to power systems until the engine has started.
does that mean that they did not have that loss in power, that they claim in the article? its because i have a hard time understanding that if they did had this kers failure, why they did not lost more pace than they did. :)

Bob Brown

Mattiacci and Pat Fry said that it had to do with the external batteries. Nothing went wrong with the car that affected the pace, etc...

They prob just misjudged how long it took to do whatever electronics s thing Alonso wanted to have done before the race start.

f1316

I can not imagine he was missing 140 hp as claimed in the article - if so he'd have been nowhere.

Seems like they were just running too much wing to be 'racey' but they probably wouldn't have been able to qualify so well without it.

SectorOne

Checking the onboard both Ferrari´s throttle indicator never showed 100%, both stuck at 98%.
Bit strange if you ask me.

One time it actually glitched and showed 104%

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

mikeerfol

SectorOne wrote:Checking the onboard both Ferrari´s throttle indicator never showed 100%, both stuck at 98%.
Bit strange if you ask me.

One time it actually glitched and showed 104%

http://i.imgur.com/ieL8x9N.jpg
Ηmm, something similar didn't happen with Senna's telemetry from Imola? Throttle beyond 100% ?

SectorOne

worth pointing out that both Ferrari´s had the 98% problem.
I´ve only seen the 104% on Alonso´s so far though (about a second until it reverted back to 98%)
No other car yet as i´m watching has this issue.

Edit: Button´s car showing 99%
Then it´s probably not car related but something with the telemetry.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

SectorOne wrote:worth pointing out that both Ferrari´s had the 98% problem.
I´ve only seen the 104% on Alonso´s so far though (about a second until it reverted back to 98%)
No other car yet as i´m watching has this issue.

Edit: Button´s car showing 99%
Then it´s probably not car related but something with the telemetry.
This has been going on entire season on some cars, most notably the ferraris. Not sure what to think of it.

SectorOne

Probably faulty telemetry. Both Ferrari´s show 98%, Both Mclaren´s show 99%

dr_cooke

f1316 wrote:I can not imagine he was missing 140 hp as claimed in the article - if so he'd have been nowhere.

Seems like they were just running too much wing to be 'racey' but they probably wouldn't have been able to qualify so well without it.

On Spanish TV he stated just after the race that he had fuel flow issues and Hybrid problems on the first lap after each pit stop and also during first lap of the race. Seems to be some recharging problem.

f1316

dr_cooke wrote:
f1316 wrote:I can not imagine he was missing 140 hp as claimed in the article - if so he'd have been nowhere.

On Spanish TV he stated just after the race that he had fuel flow issues and Hybrid problems on the first lap after each pit stop and also during first lap of the race. Seems to be some recharging problem.
Ok, that certainly makes a lot more sense than being that much down for the whole race.

Anyone understand if they got the 20hp boost from the exhaust wrapping that they were hoping for? Might explain why they thought they could run more wing (because they also didn't have great straight line speed the rest of the race)

Jashko

trinidefender wrote:
Pierce89 wrote: With electric motors the trend is to run more rpm. The same power at lower rpm means more torque and more heat. Heat hurts the efficiency of electric motors efficiency more than rpm associated friction. TBH I don't know much about electric motors because I waited till I was 31 yrs old to start on my engineering degree so I haven't worked much with electrics yet.
Do you know if the ERS-K is a DC or AC motor? A slower turning motor does not always equal more heat.
ERS - K is synchronous permanent magnet AC motor . These motors run very high rpms because they are mechanically linked to the driveshaft and their speed is connected to the speed of the IC engine...also if you look at the torque output equation of the electric motor T = 9,55 * (Power/rpm) we can see that at low rpms - (power/rpm) will be very high, hence the torque output will be aswell.

I wrote my electric engineering degree paper on KERS so if anyone wants to know something more, be free to ask.

It is very interesting that Magnetti Marelli KERS that was previously used in ferrari was one of the lightest and tightest...and before the start of the season I thought that ferrari will excell because of the good hybrid systems...unfortunately we can see now that this is not true..

Kiril Varbanov

Cascade-less front wing option for Ferrari at Monza. Image credit: ScarbsF1.

Morteza

Italy 2014 - Thursday (04/09/2014)

auto-motor-und-sport.de
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 5206077440
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare