Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
joeyg02

Re: Ferrari F14T

f300v10 wrote:
emmepi27 wrote:Front wing without upper flap and with two vertical fins
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvoPKktCcAA24pS.jpg
Testing a Monza front wing maybe?
Looks like you were right.
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

Joey Griffin - Owner - JG GraphX.
Lifelong Motorsport Fan from Southern Georgia, United States.

Kiril Varbanov

Kimi's gearbox has been prepared:
A seal was broken on the gearbox of car number 07, driver Kimi Räikkönen, in order to replace all change gear ratio pairs and associated dog rings for re-nominated ones.This was done in accordance with Article 9.6.2 of the 2014 Formula One Technical Regulations
- http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/ ... ent4_0.pdf

f1316

Is it me or does that rear wing not look that skinny?

You would have thought that they'd have to go skinny to compensate for lack of top speed but was interesting to hear kimi say that they weren't too bad in quali only in the race. I guess that confirms that their main struggle is energy recovery but I wonder if it also means they'll run an optimum quali setup (seems unwise to me).

zioture

New Diffuser Monza GP

f300v10

f1316 wrote:Is it me or does that rear wing not look that skinny?

You would have thought that they'd have to go skinny to compensate for lack of top speed but was interesting to hear kimi say that they weren't too bad in quali only in the race. I guess that confirms that their main struggle is energy recovery but I wonder if it also means they'll run an optimum quali setup (seems unwise to me).
Kimi's quali vs. race comment may have to due with the fact they can always use DRS during qualifying. Ferrari ran a high downforce rear wing at Spa, DRS reduces the drag penalty during qualifying, but they suffer low top speed during the race without it. Given the nature of Monza I'm pretty sure they will run a lower DF wing.

diffuser

f1316 wrote:
dr_cooke wrote:
f1316 wrote:I can not imagine he was missing 140 hp as claimed in the article - if so he'd have been nowhere.

Seems like they were just running too much wing to be 'racey' but they probably wouldn't have been able to qualify so well without it.

On Spanish TV he stated just after the race that he had fuel flow issues and Hybrid problems on the first lap after each pit stop and also during first lap of the race. Seems to be some recharging problem.
Ok, that certainly makes a lot more sense than being that much down for the whole race.

Anyone understand if they got the 20hp boost from the exhaust wrapping that they were hoping for? Might explain why they thought they could run more wing (because they also didn't have great straight line speed the rest of the race)

Sorry for the late response, Just saw this ....

They ran more wing cause in free practise, when they tested the low downforce configuration, they lost .5 sec/lap more in sector 2 than they gained in sector 1 and 3. Alonzo ran High DF config in FP2 and Low DF config in FP3. So over all the car was faster over a lap with the high down force config.

Sevach

Ferrari RW comparison

diffuser

I misss all those nice pictures Stephan_ put in here ... :(

aral

diffuser wrote:I misss all those nice pictures Stephan_ put in here ... :(
you will find them on suttons site!

Owen.C93

They're all on F1.com but I never bother posting anymore since there's never anything new.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

diffuser

Owen.C93 wrote:They're all on F1.com but I never bother posting anymore since there's never anything new.
u kidding me??? I loved those Stephan pictures ....I'd look at them very carefully to check stuff out.

aral

diffuser wrote:
Owen.C93 wrote:They're all on F1.com but I never bother posting anymore since there's never anything new.
u kidding me??? I loved those Stephan pictures ....I'd look at them very carefully to check stuff out.
they are NOT stephans pictures. they are suttons!

stefan_

Italy 2014 - Friday (05.09.2014)

Chill out and enjoy the pictures, people. You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out they're made by Sutton - that's why I take extra time to edit them and put their logo on.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

McMrocks

i know it is entirely off-topic and thus i hope this post and the posts above will be deleted, but a race-weekend is not complete without visiting the car threads and looking at the pictures searching for changes on the car

diffuser

McMrocks wrote:i know it is entirely off-topic and thus i hope this post and the posts above will be deleted, but a race-weekend is not complete without visiting the car threads and looking at the pictures searching for changes on the car

In a true Canadian Fasion ... YEAH BABY!!!!!!