Toro Rosso STR9 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PhillipM

Re: Toro Rosso STR9 Renault

Maybe, but I've be very surprised if they were run of the mill grade 10.9 steel bolts :roll:

They're probably titanium.

Matt Somers

Catch me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SomersF1 or the blog http://www.SomersF1.co.uk
I tweet tech images for Sutton Images

langwadt

Callum wrote:
RicerDude wrote:Is there a rule saying you have to display a certain amount of bodywork pieces outside your garages? Or do they just not give a ****?
It probably depends on how much space they have in their garage! Some teams have quite intricate bodywork holders that carry a many items within a small footprint. Maybe TR just ran out of room inside.

Anyway, it's not like the front wing isn't fully visible during the race.
and this from the sporting regulations:

27.4 During the entire Event, no screen, cover or other obstruction which in any way obscures any
part of a car will be allowed at any time in the paddock, garages, pit lane or grid, unless it is
clear any such covers are needed solely for mechanical reasons, which could, for example,
include protecting against fire.
In addition to the above the following are specifically not permitted :
a) Engine, gearbox or radiator covers whilst engines are being changed or moved around the garage.
b) Covers over spare wings when they are on a stand in the pit lane not being used.
c) Parts such as (but not limited to) spare floors, fuel rigs or tool trolleys may not be used as an obstruction.

techF1LES

Formula 1.com wrote:The new 2014 power units mean all the teams have had to increase their cars' radiator cooling, leading to some quite complex layouts. Toro Rosso's is unique, with two oil radiators (1) cooled by a duct behind the driver's head (a solution that raises the car's centre of gravity), water radiators (2), intercoolers (3) (quite a heavy solution, but one with superior cooling results), and an accumulator (4) to manage the water temperature. Missing in this drawing is the pipe (5) that connects the turbocharger and the intercooler. Also shown is the wastegate (6) used should the turbo go into safety mode.

FrukostScones

is the original photograph (of this Toro Rosso car) somewhere to be seen?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Owen.C93

Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

r.t.1.n

stefan_

Malaysia 2014 - Wednesday/Thursday (26/27.03.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Hail22

Bahrain Grand Prix 2nd of April

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Blackout

It seems they still have a split casing for the gear-box and I heard that only the internal parts are identical to the RBR ones.

AMuS

r.t.1.n

r.t.1.n

China - Practice 1

stefan_

China 2014 - Thursday (17.04.2014)

China 2014 - Friday (18.04.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

jagunx51

............!!!!

jagunx51

............!!!!