Williams FW36 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
kooleracer

Re: Williams FW36 Mercedes

First picture of the FW36 thx to f1today.nl

Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Holm86

kooleracer wrote:First picture of the FW36 thx to f1today.nl

http://content.f1today.net/x/full/photo ... 59.jpg?s=s
The FW36 is a truck???

kooleracer

Holm86 wrote:
kooleracer wrote:First picture of the FW36 thx to f1today.nl

http://content.f1today.net/x/full/photo ... 59.jpg?s=s
The FW36 is a truck???
Yes it is!
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

tomazy

And from the front, I think it looks nice :D

zoro_f1

The trucks used to be Mercedes, but they are Volvo... i think they are new for this season. :D
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

Francesc

zoro_f1 wrote:The trucks used to be Mercedes, but they are Volvo... i think they are new for this season. :D
They used to be Man.

neilbah

it looks like they didnt get the colours matched that well between cab and trailer :S

adrianjordan

Francesc wrote:
zoro_f1 wrote:The trucks used to be Mercedes, but they are Volvo... i think they are new for this season. :D
They used to be Man.
There'd be a slight irony if they had switched away from Merc trucks just as the F1 car gains a Merc engine...!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Manoah2u

did they always run a white color on the trucks? or could it be a prelude to a white williams with the martini livery?
won't be showed during testing because they'll run their classic blue....but.....?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

slimfitcasual

Manoah2u wrote:did they always run a white color on the trucks? or could it be a prelude to a white williams with the martini livery?
won't be showed during testing because they'll run their classic blue....but.....?
Probably a hell of a lot cheaper to run factory white than a completely custom Williams blue.
Per ardua ad astra

Manoah2u

slimfitcasual wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:did they always run a white color on the trucks? or could it be a prelude to a white williams with the martini livery?
Probably a hell of a lot cheaper to run factory white than a completely custom Williams blue.
it's always cheaper keeping a factory colour then changing it to an according livery. They could wrap the trailer atleast
partially, and quite frankly, it ain't even that expensive to do that - quite easy too knowing the trailer is a total flat area.

anyway, i googled a bit and discovered it's not uncommon for Williams to run white trucks, so I guess i was taking too
much into it.

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

LookBackTime

Not the real thing, but could be close:

stefan_

deleted image
Last edited by stefan_ on 27 Jan 2014, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

ajprice

For the livery, if it's Martini, I'd like to see the Martini colours in the 'Rothmans' stripes livery that they also brought back for the 2011 car.

LookBackTime

Deleted the image!
Last edited by LookBackTime on 28 Jan 2014, 00:06, edited 2 times in total.