Williams FW36 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FW17

Re: Williams FW36 Mercedes

Williams T tray support could be like this

stefan_

Abu Dhabi Post-Season Test Session 2014 - Wednesday (26.11.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

turbof1

I'll be writing an article in the near future about this baby, stay tuned!

#AeroFrodo

turbof1

Article in the works, might become a 2 part feature since me and trinidefender will be talking about quite a few things, and not all solely unique to the williams wing.

I've been going through the numerous pictures of this thread and the FW35 thread (a big thanks to Stefan_!). What. A. Huge. Contrast. Last year they showed up already at China with 3 different front wings.
Main planes, cascades, endplates and upper elements all changed several times throughout the season. In Monaco last year they showed up with the 2012 wing.

Again, a huge contrast to this year. So far I only noticed a small change to the endplate in the entire season. Everything else was fine tuning with gurney tabs and flap angles.
#AeroFrodo

wesley123

They removed the outside end plate from the smaller cascade as well on the updated version.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

turbof1

Good find.

There will most likely be other differences, but very, very small. That's a good sign, btw. It shows they started with a good wing in the first place and is something they understood very well, compared to last season. No doubt the influence from Pat Symonds.
#AeroFrodo

wesley123

Agreed, their pace was pretty impressive over the whole season and even more impressive knowing that they introduced very few(visible) updates to the car.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender