Marussia MR03 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Forza

Re: Marussia MR03 Ferrari

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

is it me or does this car remind a whole lot of a mclaren-livery? looks like a mix between the WEST livery, the vodafone livery and the classic white-red =D>

i like it!

won't be a fair fight with the caterham having renault engines that are nothing more than trashcans in the back tho.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PhatalOne
PhatalOne

The MR03 definitely looks like a step forward for Marussia. Hopefully the car's performance can match its' looks. If they focus on reliability they might get some good early season finishes considering the Renault-powered cars/teams are currently doing their best HRT impression! :mrgreen:

Ben27
Ben27

Actually that FW is better than Ferrari's so far. It has more work in it.

I like Marussia because they are picking up the coke bottle philosophy quite well.

LotusF1
LotusF1

also the rear looks well designed. nice coke line and also the diffuser looks good.

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Good stuff. My only question is, how much will the car have evolved for Australia? Hopefully there's more to come.

PhatalOne
PhatalOne

In many respects the car still feels incomplete. The missing parts for the DRS being one of the most notable omissions. However, given the troubles many teams have had and Lotus just skipping altogether, I'll give them a pass for a slightly incomplete car. That said, it is still the most detailed Virgin/Marussia I have seen. Hopefully, we will see some timed laps tomorrow so we can see how the car performs mechanically.

At least if they are slow this year, they can look good while doing it!

Chasis_1992

Some pics made by me ;)

More photos in: https://plus.google.com/photos/11722326 ... 5134598433

scuderiafan

The car looks pretty and I love the color scheme with the dayglo red.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

Gerhardsa

I like this car. Looks incredibly clean and smooth.
If that translates into a Caterham challenger....I hope so. That Caterham is hidious

Crabbia
Crabbia

Gerhardsa wrote:I like this car. Looks incredibly clean and smooth.
If that translates into a Caterham challenger....I hope so. That Caterham is hidious
If the Renault powered cars are as problematic this season as they have been in this test, i'd say the marussia has a shot at taking on the Caterham, if only on the back of better reliability.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

CHT
CHT

Crabbia wrote:
Gerhardsa wrote:I like this car. Looks incredibly clean and smooth.
If the Renault powered cars are as problematic this season as they have been in this test, i'd say the marussia has a shot at taking on the Caterham, if only on the back of better reliability.
If Renault powered cars are problematic, Marussia will have a shot at all Renault powered team, not just Caterham.

LotusF1
LotusF1

yea, hopefully they will do well. they deserve it!

Blackout

Blackout

Do you have a similar pic, but with a beam wing?