Lap Times slower than GP2?

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
iotar__

Re: Lap Times slower than GP2?

Every now and then completely unfounded topics appear about how slow F1 will be compared to Le Mans/Moto GP/your car/GP2/carting and god knows why don't get deleted. Some copy and pasting then ;-) :

James Calado: "It's a big step. People underestimate the difference between a GP2 and a Formula 1 car. They look exactly the same and they've got similar power. But Formula 1 is a good eight to ten seconds faster a lap and the majority of that is sheer downforce and corner speed.

"It's quite mind-blowing. During the first three laps, I couldn't believe what I was driving. I was completely out of my comfort zone. The only way I can describe it to people is if you're looking down, for example, in a road car on the motorway and you suddenly look back up and see standing traffic in the road, naturally you instantly slam on the brakes.

joetoml1n

How is this debate even still going on?! The GP2 testing times from last year have already been beaten, and the 2014 F1 cars haven't eve been pushed to the limit yet..!

Richard

Agreed. Thread closed