Fuses in a Formula One car

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
anishhotpunk

Fuses in a Formula One car

Hi guys ,

i have been closly watching and observing formula one car for quiet some time. But i have never seen fuses(thermal fuses , small , medium , large) anywhere on the vehicle. Can anyone throw some detailled light on the subject.

hvyman

Re: Fuses in a Formula One car

You wont find any. its all pdm(power distrubution modules).

Pierce89

anishhotpunk wrote:Hi guys ,

i have been closly watching and observing formula one car for quiet some time. But i have never seen fuses(thermal fuses , small , medium , large) anywhere on the vehicle. Can anyone throw some detailled light on the subject.
They use computerized power boxes that will open an overloaded circuit, and then close it again when safe.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

anishhotpunk

Thanks for the reply, hvyman and Marcus. Now it all makes sense to me and maybe to other readers. McLaren electronics should making such modules as a part of official supplier to formula 1.